LED + One Touch Blinkers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on LED + One Touch Blinkers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First thread here... Picked up my 2013 WRX a couple weeks ago.. It's been in the garage since getting mods ...

LED + One Touch Blinkers

First thread here... Picked up my 2013 WRX a couple weeks ago.. It's been in the garage since getting mods put on it... I'll get a build thread going sometime...

Anyway, thought I'd share some information- I found this website (WebElectric Products - Sequential Turn Signals, Sequential Taillights, Sequential Tail Lights, Dynamite Stick Sequential, Pulsing Brake Light Pulser Flasher, One Touch Convertible Top, Dynamite Stick, One Touch Turn Signals, Daytime Running Lights, L) when looking for the one touch turn signals for my previous car. Found out that they do have a OTTS flasher that also rids of hyper blink when using LED turn signals for the WRX.

It's expensive, but it's a cleaner install than having resistors wired to all 4 corners and the convenience function... Easy install as well- a direct replacement (if there's enough interest, I'll throw up a DIY).

Love it, hate it, call me lazy, but at least I signal.

Here's a pic of the OEM flasher and the WebElectric flasher (right):

Here's a video of it in action:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the one touch blinker, not that it's wearing me out or anything holding the blinker down while I'm passing.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Which one did you use for the one touch blinker? Is it the one shown in the picture -4650? 8 pin?
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Re: LED + One Touch Blinkers

Do you also have LED bulbs for your signals? I'd like to see how they look from the outside. Interested in doing LED signals, just worried about it looking too 'aftermarket'.

I'm interested. I've never seen this before. Let's see the DIY. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    Which one did you use for the one touch blinker? Is it the one shown in the picture -4650? 8 pin?
    oops, left that info out... It's the one that says Toyota/Lexus with the picture of a Prius...

Quote Originally Posted by raceoholic330 View Post
    Do you also have LED bulbs for your signals? I'd like to see how they look from the outside. Interested in doing LED signals, just worried about it looking too 'aftermarket'.
    Yes I do. It all depends on which bulbs you buy, but LEDs are usually dimmer than regular orange bulbs.

These are both LEDs.. one is a cree LED and the other is one of those regular easy to find ones...

Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    I'm interested. I've never seen this before. Let's see the DIY. Thanks.
    Hmm.. Maybe I'll throw one up with a LED demo vid thing...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    It's the one that says Toyota/Lexus with the picture of a Prius...
    Thanks,
    I'm just lazy enough to order that.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Re: LED + One Touch Blinkers

oops, left that info out... It's the one that says Toyota/Lexus with the picture of a Prius...

Yes I do. It all depends on which bulbs you buy, but LEDs are usually dimmer than regular orange bulbs.

These are both LEDs.. one is a cree LED and the other is one of those regular easy to find ones...

Hmm.. Maybe I'll throw one up with a LED demo vid thing...
    That would be awesome. I would love to see how they look flashing from 20' away or so.

I'll see what I can do... but my lights are no longer stock.. this is my recent project...

I Support ClubWRX

It's expensive, but it's a cleaner install than having resistors wired to all 4 corners and the convenience function... Easy install as well- a direct replacement (if there's enough interest, I'll throw up a DIY).
    That does seam rather overpriced.....$50 is a bit much.

Just FYI, you do not need to wire resisters into 4 corners...there are LED blinker modules available for all years for like $20 that fi the blink rate for LED bulbs.....those are not 'one touch', but that is no real big loss IMO.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Ah, that's true. Forgot about those other modules...

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    That does seam rather overpriced.....$50 is a bit much.

Just FYI, you do not need to wire resisters into 4 corners...there are LED blinker modules available for all years for like $20 that fi the blink rate for LED bulbs.....those are not 'one touch', but that is no real big loss IMO.

LED + One Touch Blinkers

Where is the flash module located in the car? I just got my OTS flasher module in the mail.

It's at the very top of the relay box... which is right next to the fuse box under the dash on the driver's side.

You'll have to remove the side dash panel, two screws that hold the bottom kick panel and remove the panel (under the steering wheel).

The relay box can unclip (slide it towards you after releasing the clips) from the fuse panel making it easier to pop the relay off (also a slide clip).

Quote Originally Posted by lftjeep View Post
    Where is the flash module located in the car? I just got my OTS flasher module in the mail.

LED + One Touch Blinkers

How long did it take you to install it?

Took me about 15 minutes...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.