E-Brake Boot Removal HELP!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on E-Brake Boot Removal HELP! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm trying to install a short shifter, but I can't, for the life of me, get the e-brake boot unclipped. ...

I'm trying to install a short shifter, but I can't, for the life of me, get the e-brake boot unclipped. I've referenced many instruction manuals/install videos, and they all say to simply pull up along the seam that attaches it to the cup holder area; this not working for me. I have been pulling "straight up" as hard as I can and the thing won't budge.

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm getting pretty frustrated at this simple problem...

Thanks in advance, guys.
    2012 WRX OBP Hatchback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I had trouble my first time pulling it off too. Are you able to get your hand in-between the seat and the boot? Try pulling the back of the boot and then the front (still in-between the seat and the center council). One other thing, there are two small clips in the front of the boot you can wedge a flathead screwdriver in there and lightly pry up. But I'd try to avoid that. good luck

Stick your hand between the seat and ebrake plastic piece. Grab the bottom edge and pull towards the driver seat and up. It will pop off

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.