Subaru Red Interior illumination kit question

This is a discussion on Subaru Red Interior illumination kit question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I ordered the red interior illumination kit with my car. Does anyone have this, is there a way ...

Subaru Red Interior illumination kit question

Hey guys, I ordered the red interior illumination kit with my car. Does anyone have this, is there a way to turn it on and off? What are your thoughts on it?

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It connects to the cubby hole light in front of the shifter, so it's controlled with the interior lighting. At least mine is connected that way.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    It connects to the cubby hole light in front of the shifter, so it's controlled with the interior lighting. At least mine is connected that way.
    When you say interior lighting, do you mean the light switch on the ceiling between the passenger and driver side? So this light will not be on while I am driving, unless i have that light on?

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, I meant the dash lights. You can control the intensity of the footwell illumination kit with the dash light controller. They only come on when you turn your lights on.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Gotcha. So in hindsight - do you like yours? I thought they looked pretty cool when i saw the photo.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like them, sure makes it easier to find what you dropped on the floor. Mine are blue and they are bright enough for me, not to distracting when driving down the road.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Yea I have the blue one as well and I think they are pretty good. Only on when the lights are on and the brightness can be adjusted. I would like to install some in the back as well. If you do your own lighting it will definitely be brighter, but the OEM kit ain't bad. Mine was installed on the car when I got it.

The red is nice, and a perfect match to the rest of the red in interior of the car (dash lights, stitching, etc). My only gripe is that they are just a hint dim for my taste, but I would still buy them again. They are a nice subtle additional for somewhat cheap.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    The red is nice, and a perfect match to the rest of the red in interior of the car (dash lights, stitching, etc). My only gripe is that they are just a hint dim for my taste, but I would still buy them again. They are a nice subtle additional for somewhat cheap.
    Yeah they're a little dimmer than I'd like but a nice touch nonetheless. Worth the money, really love that the whole car is red inside at night.

How are these to install, pretty quick and painless? I'm thinking of picking them up, cheap and look pretty cool.

Installed these tonight, didn't remove anything, had a little trouble snaking the passenger side cable over, other than that it was pretty easy, took about 40 minutes.

Nice little glow, combined with my new Alpine head unit, just waiting for someone to rob me....