Looking to buy a 2002 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a 2002 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have been looking for months and finally found one for a price I can afford. The guy is ...

So I have been looking for months and finally found one for a price I can afford. The guy is charging me 4,900. It has 200,000 + miles on the car and I'm worried it won't last much longer. The Carfax is very clean. The car looks nice and is well maintained. There are a few mods that have been added to the car such as HKS hi-power cutback exhaust, Cobb tuning accessory tuner, cat less down pipe, Forge blow off valve and more. I was wondering if 4,900 a resonable price for the car an is 200k miles a big area for concern.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I imagine the BOV would be something to worry about and 200,000+ miles would make me a little uncomfortable.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Thats an awful lot of milage, I've seen 03's for around $7k, with 80-100k mileage.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would be looking for one with less miles, like 120k or fewer..

i got mine for 4k and it has 160k miles but it was stock
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

Just a question, how long would a engine last on a 2002? I am also looking for one, and I want to know how long I can expect the engine to last.

I have 160000 on mine and it runs like new depends on if he changed his fluids on time and so on

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob.morris7 View Post
    Just a question, how long would a engine last on a 2002? I am also looking for one, and I want to know how long I can expect the engine to last.

Depends on how it's taken care of.. anywhere between 0 and 300,000+ miles.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Depends on how it's taken care of.. anywhere between 0 and 300,000+ miles.
    Alright thanks, thats what I have heard but I was just making sure.

just a personal opinion, be patient. I bought my 2002 wrx after looking for 8 months. I got it around 7500 I believe and it had 97k miles on it at the time. I believe this one was driven a little rough but all regular fluid changes were performed. Now I baby it and she runs very well. 200k is a lot of miles and for 4900? too much money and miles
    charlie

Bugeye wrx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.