My 2013 WRX Black Upper Interior Conversion - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My 2013 WRX Black Upper Interior Conversion within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is awesome! Thanks for the write up! Got my a pillars done today as the first step. Now just ...

This is awesome! Thanks for the write up! Got my a pillars done today as the first step. Now just need to do the b and c pillars. How do you get them off? How do you get the front seat belt covers off? And with the c pillars do you have to unbolt the seatbelt down at the bottom of the back seat and feed it trough the plastic pillar piece?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

B pillars, you loosen the bolt behind the cover, pull off the seatbelt cover by hand which will expose the bolt holding it in, remove that, then it should come out.

C pillars, loosen bolt behind SRS cover, remove push clips, the bolts under the seat do have to come out so you can fish out the seatbelts, theres also a few screws in the trunk area.

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    Hmm I might be doing the pillars it looks great. subscribed
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 10-23-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

Wow! Very nice work, I completely missed this thread last week...must've been doing work or something.

I will definitely be doing this soon. It's something I've wanted to do since I got the car. Looks good and thanks!

Is there anyway to color the seat belt loop black as well instead of leaving it the stock grey?

Anyone know how to remove the duplicolor? One of my A-pillars is blotchy and bubbly, and one B-pillar ran...Gotta remove it to re-clean the pillar

Not sure if painter would be good to use on that piece

how did you get the headliner piece to fit/stay in place? im about to touch up my pillars since the b pillars ran a bit and the c pillars chipped after the trunk swap and I want to do the headliner now

Looks dope! Good job. You interested in swapping seats? Lol.

Did you use gloss or flat duplicolor? How is it holding up?

Its the flat vinyl stuff....it held up pretty well, you would need to scratch it pretty badly for it to come off, i ended up selling the car a little while ago
    2013 DGM WRX

TP tuned FMS FMIC Grimmspeed 38mm EWG AEM Intake Invidia DP SPT Exhaust DW65c GS EBCS Torque Solution mounts

This looks awesome! Definitely would like to do this to my '13 at some point. I wonder if that vinyl and fabric paint would work to do the headliner also? My thought with that though is you might have a spray paint smell that would never leave.
    Love the suede headliner. Sorry if I missed this but where did you acquire the matieral and how did you install? I think I have heard of people bringing their parts to fabric shops to have it professionally install I might consider that.

you can, it looks okay, wrapping isnt something you should try unless you have experience, painting the trim is easy though..if you want just pull everything off and spray the headliner, worst case you dont like it just get it covered
    2013 DGM WRX

TP tuned FMS FMIC Grimmspeed 38mm EWG AEM Intake Invidia DP SPT Exhaust DW65c GS EBCS Torque Solution mounts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.