Prosport Gauges
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prosport Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am thinking of adding a few gauges to my 04 WRX. Probably boost, volt, and oil pressure or EGT. ...

Prosport Gauges

I am thinking of adding a few gauges to my 04 WRX. Probably boost, volt, and oil pressure or EGT. I don't want to break the bank, so I was looking for something cheaper, but not too cheap that I'm going to get a piece of crap. I stumbled upon prosport gauges and I have read some good stuff about them. Does anyone have any suggestions either way on whether or not to get these and if so, what style? (performance, evo, peak...)
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip them. They tend to fail (or just be inaccurate) at an alarming rate, and while they may replace them, it gets annoying having to uninstall/reinstall a gauge every few months.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

^ that. It will cost more but defi's are a much better bet if you want to stay with tuner preferred gauges. I like autometer myself and they're fairly accurate.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    ^ that. It will cost more but defi's are a much better bet if you want to stay with tuner preferred gauges. I like autometer myself and they're fairly accurate.
    I do like the defi gauges...but they are so much more expensive.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

I really like the autometer gauges. Granted not what you normally find in a tuner car but a good quality gauge is a good quality gauge. The fan base doesn't matter as long as the info is accurate.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I had prosports for a year and they all broke. I have defi now and absolutely love them

My boyfriend however hasn't had an issue with his prosports. They are very hit or miss

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have Prosports. They were the only ones I could find that absolutely matched the interior of the car. I haven't had any issues with them so far. Only thing that pisses me off is this constant whirring sound from the Oil Pressure gauge. Although I can hear it mostly when the car is idling & the music is off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

dont forget about maddad gauges

I like the maddad gauges, but they do not have a very big selection. Anyone have any insight on the Subaru spt gauges?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2004
    Anyone have any insight on the Subaru spt gauges?
    You talking about the Boost / Volt / Oil Temp gauge pack they sell? I'm not a fan.

As for the difference in price Prosport vs Defi...a lot of people have had issues, a lot of people haven't, and a lot of people don't know they have an issue (accuracy). I considered them for a while, but went through and evaluated that my time was worth more than the price difference of having to replace any of the gauges vs just buying the more expensive ones in the first place.

For your car, I'd pick one of these:
    Defi
    Omori
    Greddy
    Autometer

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have decent experience with Prosport gauges, my recommendation, skip them. Although I've never had an issue with my mechanical boost gauge, so that one is probably a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I have decent experience with Prosport gauges, my recommendation, skip them. Although I've never had an issue with my mechanical boost gauge, so that one is probably a safe bet.
    How long ago did you buy your prosports? I have noticed that purchases that were not within the past year or two have all terrible reviews, but ones bought more recently have much better reviews. I am having such a hard time getting away from prosport because I just want them for an easy indication. I am not doing any high performance stuff, so 100% accuracy is not that imperative.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I bought them in 2010. The oil pressure and EGT have both been replaced three times. I did notice the last time I sent them back the ones I got in return were slightly different (Different wiring, which kinda irked me because then I had to cut the old plugs off and solder the new ones on. And the new ones have cheap looking plastic tabs around the outside of the gauge face.) They still only lasted about three months each. In all fairness, the EGT gauge might have just got the sensor fouled up because my engine is blowing excessive carbon. Also, the new oil pressure gauge seems to be working, but when I turn the engine off it jumps up to (and stays at) ~12psi, which gives me zero confidence that it will actually be of any use in the situation that I have an oil delivery issue.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2004
    I am having such a hard time getting away from prosport because I just want them for an easy indication. I am not doing any high performance stuff, so 100% accuracy is not that imperative.
    High performance or not, an inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all. If you'd be content with an inaccurate gauge, why not just install a Magic 8 Ball on your dash and shake it when you want to know if XXX parameter is in line?

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    High performance or not, an inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all. If you'd be content with an inaccurate gauge, why not just install a Magic 8 Ball on your dash and shake it when you want to know if XXX parameter is in line?
    This.

Defi gauge FTW
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.