Prosport Gauges - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Prosport Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You make a good point....

You make a good point.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2004
    You make a good point.
    Of course I do. I'm awesome.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    [QUOTE=EJ257;2944712

As for the difference in price Prosport vs Defi...a lot of people have had issues, a lot of people haven't, and a lot of people don't know they have an issue (accuracy). I considered them for a while, but went through and evaluated that my time was worth more than the price difference of having to replace any of the gauges vs just buying the more expensive ones in the first place[/QUOTE]

Without getting into a battle with you, I just want to confirm that you never actually owned one of our gauges and only going by what you have read on forums ? ALL other gauge companies have bad reviews on the internet- that is a fact even Defi has had many many failures or like in our case many are simply installer error and choose to post up their frustration on a forum only to find out later it was installed wrong but too lazy or too embarrassed to change the title of the thread. No company is perfect but I have no problem putting one of our gauges against any other brand for speed or accuracy. The question is how can we perform this test (by the way it has been done many times) in a manner in which you would believe the results and post up the un bias results for all to see. I encourage you to ask any other manufacturer to do the same as I have confidence we will be just as or more accurate and faster response.
    The fact the were are even on this forum speaks volumes as to the level of customer service we live by.

I use all prosport guages, I like them...they look good and I assume they are accurate. Not really sure how to test them...I know the boost gauge matches the boost on the AP!

I did have an issue with one boost gauge, but then when I removed it and replaced it with a new one I remembered that i kinda broke it when installing it...I had to wedge a piece of hard plastic under the wires to keep them connected correctly....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a pair on NIB prosports I'm willing to sell. Not due to any issue with them, I just found another brand that has a face I like a bit better. I have the Premium boost gauge, and the intercooler air temp gauge.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges
    Without getting into a battle with you, I just want to confirm that you never actually owned one of our gauges and only going by what you have read on forums ? ALL other gauge companies have bad reviews on the internet- that is a fact even Defi has had many many failures or like in our case many are simply installer error and choose to post up their frustration on a forum only to find out later it was installed wrong but too lazy or too embarrassed to change the title of the thread. No company is perfect but I have no problem putting one of our gauges against any other brand for speed or accuracy. The question is how can we perform this test (by the way it has been done many times) in a manner in which you would believe the results and post up the un bias results for all to see. I encourage you to ask any other manufacturer to do the same as I have confidence we will be just as or more accurate and faster response.
    The fact the were are even on this forum speaks volumes as to the level of customer service we live by.
    You are correct, I have never run Prosport gauges on my car. I have, however, helped with the uninstall/reinstall of Prosport gauges when they have been found to be inaccurate or otherwise malfunctioning. I've done enough to make an educated decision that I wouldn't run them on my car. Maybe the locals here got a bad batch, and it sucks that my impression may be based on that. I run Defi gauges on my car, and have never experienced any kind of an issue with them. A bunch of the people who had issues with your gauges switched to Defi, and have since had no issues. I have yet to partake in an uninstall/reinstall of any Defi gauge by a local. It may happen (with every company, there are some times where QA isn't enough and a faulty product comes out), but I have yet to be personally involved with that situation, where I can think of three instances in which Prosport gauges malfunctioned. As for the installation being the root of the cause, that's not the case, because before ripping everything out, we went over everything to make sure it wasn't user error (I work IT, so I understand UE-based issues).

My stance has been made, by personal experience, as well as forum reading. It will not change. I will, however, say that your customer service is spot-on, and every issue I've seen that is reported is dealt with in a positive manner. I just feel that, in my experience with your products, that the issues are too common, and I will not be buying your products for my own use. Nothing against you, but my time uninstalling/reinstalling a gauge is worth more than what I'd save vs buying a more expensive alternative that I haven't had issues with.
    Last edited by EJ257; 10-26-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges View Post
    No company is perfect but I have no problem putting one of our gauges against any other brand for speed or accuracy. The question is how can we perform this test (by the way it has been done many times) in a manner in which you would believe the results and post up the un bias results for all to see. I encourage you to ask any other manufacturer to do the same as I have confidence we will be just as or more accurate and faster response.

When I first installed my Prosport oil pressure gauge it read 0psi at idle. After checking out many things I tested my oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, which confirmed the Prosport gauge was reading 15-20psi low across the board. I removed the gauge and sent it in. You tested the gauge, confirmed my findings and promptly shipped me a replacement, which I appreciate. Of course that replacement gauge then began sticking at 14psi and wouldn't go lower. I never noticed until one day I turned my car off and saw that the gauge continued to read 14psi with the car off (I guess it's a good thing I didn't lose oil pressure because I would have been under the impression that I still had pressure according to the gauge). Anyways, I returned that gauge, which you confirmed was not working correctly and you shipped me another replacement. I installed the third gauge, which now had a slightly different look, so it doesn't match the other gauges, also the plug is different, so I had to cut the wiring and rewire the gauge. Three months later that gauge began displaying the same fault as the previous one, etc, etc.. Similar issues with my EGT gauge as well..

You guys have tested my returned gauges and confirmed they are not reading accurately yourselves. I'm not even sure I can return them for replacements at this point.. last time I was told I was out of the warranty period, but you still accepted my return in good faith. I have all but decided to trash the gauges and replace them with $700 worth of Defi equipment. I think most people in my position would be weary of going through the process of shipping my gauges in again and reinstalling them when they have only failed in the past.

IF you would even still accept my return at this point, might you be willing to offer a refund instead of replacement this time?

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    Main frame: How long ago was this ? PM me your name so I can look it up.

EJ257: I understand and agree with you that swapping out items is not fun and mailing back and forth is a time waster. We also have stories of guys ditching their Defi's to change to Prosport. I think what is important to try to see is the big picture. I know it is hard to see or "believe" something coming direct from us as it could be construed as a sales/marketing spin but I would say that more than 1/2 of gauges people send in to us has nothing wrong with them. Even with a tiny failure with the sheer volume of gauges we sell if you were to see say 30 people who had a problem someone reading the results would say " wow 30 people wrote a bad review or had a problem" yes it sucks for those 30 people for but for the other tens of thousands who are happy and did not take the time to write on a forum how they are satisfied you can see how small it is. I see that we have been on this forum since 2006 and I can tell you that since then we have literally have upgraded/changed everything to improve quality. We have changed movements, senders, wire harness's, case's, bezels, instructions, website, and even shipping- all improved of the last 6 years. So be careful with searches/threads with issues 2-3 years old because most likely it would not apply anymore.
    Anyway, thank you for your honest feedback good or bad we do value it and are always improving. I appreciate you taking the time to understand our position and who knows maybe one day we will win you over. Until then if you ever have any questions or suggestions we are always easy to get in touch with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12