FOR SALE: Subaru Impreza Footwell Illumination Kit (red)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on FOR SALE: Subaru Impreza Footwell Illumination Kit (red) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I bought an official Subaru Impreza Footwell Illumination Kit (red) for my car last week, but after I ...

Hi all,

I bought an official Subaru Impreza Footwell Illumination Kit (red) for my car last week, but after I ordered it I decided to do a more custom job instead. It's unopened, still in the original packaging.

I can return it to the factory within 30 days, so if this doesn't sell in about 10 that's what I'll do, but I'd rather try to give someone in the community a deal in exchange for the help that I've received from the community.

I'm asking $30 shipped, obo. I'll accept trades too, there's nothing in particular that I'm looking for at the moment but make me a trade offer and maybe we can work something out.
    2012 WRB WRX Premium Sedan

Mods: SPT Performance Exhaust, SPT Short Throw, SPT Boost Gauge, Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim, Center Arm Rest Extension, Hella Supertones, Rally Armor UR Mudflaps (red)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PM'ed
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

This item is still available!

Mods: SPT Performance Exhaust, SPT Short Throw, SPT Boost Gauge, Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim, Center Arm Rest Extension, Hella Supertones, Rally Armor UR Mudflaps (red)

What do you plan to do custom? I been wanting to do this, I would love you opinion on why.

I decided to do a custom job for two reasons. The first is that I heard the red Subaru illumination kit is rather dim (some people prefer it that way), and I thought that I'd want the illumination to be a bit brighter. The second is that I thought it would be nice to have the footwell in the rear of the car lit as well, for the passengers in the back seat. This kit only lights the front footwell.

I decided to go with 9" 7 color LED strips from LEDGlow. These strips are brighter, and they also come with a controller. The controller can put the LED strips in 7 different modes (fast fading between colors, slow fading between colors, multiple colors at once, etc). It also has a pause button and a memory for the state of the LEDs when the pause button was pressed. For example, if you want to pause it at the half brightness of red, then just put the controller in a fade mode, wait for the red to fade in, and pause it when it gets to the brightness level you want. Then the next time you turn your car on at night and the LEDs come on, they'll be at the same brightness of red that you paused it at until you un-pause the controller.

I'm putting a strip under each of the front dashes pointing down towards the front footwell, and I'm putting a strip under each of the front seats pointing backwards to light up the rear footwell. I pulled up the center console and am running the wiring under there. I'm going to have the wiring for the controller come through the small hole in the back of the cubby, and the controller will rest right in the cubby. The controller is about 2"x2"x0.5" big. I'm just guessing here, I can measure it exactly when I get home tonight if you'd like.

I'm taking some pictures along the way and plan on posting a write-up on the job when I'm finished. I'm in the middle of it now, I'm hoping to finish either tonight or tomorrow night and have the procedure with pictures posted by the end of the week.

Sorry for such a long winded answer haha, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

This was a great answer! I thank you for it. Please, if you have picture, that would be great. I planned on doing this as well, but I am not car savvy. Thanks again!

I'd love to do footwell illumination, but my car is a piece of **** I can never keep clean ha.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    This was a great answer! I thank you for it. Please, if you have picture, that would be great. I planned on doing this as well, but I am not car savvy. Thanks again!
    No problem man. I'm not car savvy either, but I'm learning

When I'm finished with it I'll post some pictures up. I'd rather not post pictures until I'm done and can do a full write up you know? otherwise I'd end up posting some of the same pictures twice

I hear ya. I was looking over the site you mentioned. I like the pricing and the functionality. But I am unsure if 9" is too big, or even 15" for that matter. I would want 4, 2 in the front, 2 under the front seats for the back seats. I love the one with a remote. I would want to turn it off some times too, like when I am driving with a couple beers. I dont need the extra attention, the STI fin does that for me.

The 15" might be kind of big. I used the 9" and I think it's just the right size. I ended up using 6 and I really like how it turned out. Four of them in the places you described, but then an additional one under each seat pointing to the front foot well. Driving to work with it set up like that this morning looked really nice

I'm going to do the write-up today. I didn't take pictures of how I mounted each of them yet, once you take a look in each of the spots you might find a better way of doing mounting them than I did, but I took a lot of pictures of everything else. I'll post a link to the new thread here when I'm done

$20 shipped. Right now I'll paypal you.

I offered him more than that ^ and he declined.

Generally, it's common courtesy to send offers via PM.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Sorry I was away for a long weekend. I thought I posted a followup here but I guess I didn't. This item sold about a week ago.

Sorry again!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.