2010 Wrx Steering Wheel REAL leather???

This is a discussion on 2010 Wrx Steering Wheel REAL leather??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is the leather wrapped on the steering wheel real? Or faux leather? Research didnt help so much. I wanted to ...

Is the leather wrapped on the steering wheel real? Or faux leather? Research didnt help so much.

I wanted to check so I could better care for the leather. It will wear no matter what, but doesnt hurt to postpone it. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I don't think there is a difference in terms of care, is there? The leather care products I've seen are suitable for synthetics also. I would just operate as if it's leather.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Re: 2010 Wrx Steering Wheel REAL leather???

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't think there is a difference in terms of care, is there? The leather care products I've seen are suitable for synthetics also. I would just operate as if it's leather.
    Well when I looked up fake leather, the only care was cleaning it with water and mild soap. No conditioning.

Different from leather of course which is the same thoughout. faux leather wears and shows the fabric underneath, real just needs polish and care. So in the case the steering wheel was real, I could care for it ahead of time.

I Support ClubWRX

I am not too involved with leather care; I use Lexol on the leather seats I have and steering wheels. In many cars a leather seat means just that -- only the areas in contact with the occupant are leather, and the sides etc of the seat are not. That's why most products work on real and fake leather alike.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

How can I clean my steering wheel? It has bits of real panther.

Quote Originally Posted by younoleit View Post
    How can I clean my steering wheel? It has bits of real panther.
    This should do it... really gets in the nooks and crannies
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?