Radar detector hardwire headliner solution?

This is a discussion on Radar detector hardwire headliner solution? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Howdy fellers. Long time lurker, first time poster. Drivin' a 2012 ice silver WRX limited hatchback. Having a blast and ...

Howdy fellers. Long time lurker, first time poster. Drivin' a 2012 ice silver WRX limited hatchback. Having a blast and so looking forward to winter (sitting here in Minnesota). My only real complaint is the bloody spiders that have set up shop in the EVAP system. Car is in the shop for the third friggin time in a month or so.

But I digress... got a question for you all. I've got a hard wired 9500ix mounted to the rearview mirror (standard, low tech mirror). The wire coming down from the headliner to the detector is driving me crazy... doesn't look clean at all. Are you familiar with a cover or some other creative solution? It is like looking for a bloody needle in a haystack for a solution online. Thought I'd pick your guys brains.

Thanks much for you time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Be sure to post up an introduction thread in the New Member Hangout section

Can't help you with your question directly, but is there a way you can mount it over the mirror? That's where my V1 is mounted, and there's only a very small section of cable (2-3") visible (the rest is tucked under the headliner from the A-Pillar).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Rage, man, you rock! Just what the doctor (not really, but I play one on TV) ordered! Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmshipman
    Rage, man, you rock! Just what the doctor (not really, but I play one on TV) ordered! Thanks!
    Funny you should say that to Tony lol
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC