A pillar gauge pods...2012...5 door?

This is a discussion on A pillar gauge pods...2012...5 door? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know where I can find one? Looking for a triple pod, but I can't seem to find anything....

A pillar gauge pods...2012...5 door?

Anyone know where I can find one? Looking for a triple pod, but I can't seem to find anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    not a common item because of air bags in the pillar.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    not a common item because of air bags in the pillar.
    Is it? The owners manual shows and says that it comes from the area between the A post and the rear window pillar. Not to doubt you, but I've heard other people say that it is safe to replace the A pillar with a gauge pod, and the manual seems to confirm that it is not where the airbag deploys.

Subaru Impreza | Side Air Bag Crash Test (Out of Position) | 2012 | NHTSA | CrashNet1 - YouTube

This video seems to confirm that. I don't imagine the 2012 WRX airbags are different than a standard 2012 Impreza, are they? Again, not trying to be difficult or a smartass, but I would really rather put gauges on my post than in front of existing display or in place of the clock.
    Last edited by snakespit; 09-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you looked into the smy cluster? Or the monkey bones vent replacement?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

If you want something that looks OEMish, go for the SMY cluster. It holds 2 52mm gauges on the left and right of your cluster. Looks very nice and practical. You can even order it with Alacantara!
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

These right here are definitely what you're looking for. BNA had a really nice review thread and showed how he makes them over on 3gwrx.com The SMY was mentioned and is very nice, but it only has 2 pods. You can order the BNA with 1, 2, or 3 I'm pretty sure.