Seat question

This is a discussion on Seat question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I have my base 2012 wrx. The seats are pretty comfortable to most and for a short trip ...

Seat question

Ok, so I have my base 2012 wrx. The seats are pretty comfortable to most and for a short trip for me too... BUT I have scoliosis and a lot of lower back pain. I get into my Wife's Honda Accord and it's like a world of difference because of the lumbar support it has and while it's not adjustable (on the LX anyway) it's very comfortable.

Should I...

1. Just get a cheap lumber cushion from wal-mart or something?
    2. Try to find an after market seat that will fit me just the way I need it (can I put my airbag in it or will it have one?)
    3. Buy someone's STI seat, or do they not have lumbar either?

I need to do something. I walk like an old man after the next day of a lot of driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can find some tips here Lower back pain... STi Seat mod?

& here Are you a picky guy? Hate your seat? FREE fix! (now with pics!) - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Although I did not have an issue with the seats in my base WRX,I did have back pain when sitting in the driver's seat of my Foz Touring. Thankfully the Foz comes with lumbar support & at max inflation the back pain goes away.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    You can find some tips here Lower back pain... STi Seat mod?

& here Are you a picky guy? Hate your seat? FREE fix! (now with pics!) - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Although I did not have an issue with the seats in my base WRX,I did have back pain when sitting in the driver's seat of my Foz Touring. Thankfully the Foz comes with lumbar support & at max inflation the back pain goes away.
    Great... thanks for the info, i'll look it all over.

I dunno... that mod almost looks like you lose your lumbar, not gain it. I guess it depends on which springs you pull on.

Quote Originally Posted by drkhead View Post
    I dunno... that mod almost looks like you lose your lumbar, not gain it. I guess it depends on which springs you pull on.
    Yeah, I looked at it, and I don't want the seat deeper... I need something that will push into my lower back... my back is more flat in that area where it should have a little bit of a curve I think.

Either way... I may just buy a damn driver seat that has a lumbar support. Are any of them able to transfer the airbag or have one in it so I don't lose that? I'd also like the seat to hug my sides more. I'm unimpressed with these seats thus far. I wonder if the BRZ seats could be swapped into the WRX ... or if they're any better at all?

I thought the side curtain airbag came out of the roof line along the window, not the seat? (I know it's not the A Pillar).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I thought the side curtain airbag came out of the roof line along the window, not the seat? (I know it's not the A Pillar).
    No, they have them in the seats as far as I know and have read.

I found a cheap lumbar cushion in walmart... I used it for a week or so, but the foam really started to flatten out. I guess I will have to keep searching. I've seen some seats I would buy, but again... I don't want to lose my airbag. Even thought about some STI seats, but I read a few people say they aren't the most comfortable either.