Boost Gauge issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge issue within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So about 4 months ago i got my SPT boost gauge. Well last night the LED that lights it up ...

Boost Gauge issue

So about 4 months ago i got my SPT boost gauge. Well last night the LED that lights it up blew out Does anyone know if the LED can be replaced or have contact info for subaru parts warranty department?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you sure that the LED went bad or could it be that the wiring came loose?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Everything seems to be connected ok, i checked the ones i could get to (just not the one behind the gauge cluster)

I Support ClubWRX
    LED's have a shelf life in excess of 100,000 hours. I would contact the manufacturer and ask for a new gauge.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Cobb Axess Tuner -- Coming- BrenTuning ECU Solutions
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

I just bought a boost gauge and I stayed away from the spt for this reason, if it came with the car it might be under warranty but if you put it in I think your out of luck. Subaru OEM SPT Boost Gauge Subaru WRX/STI 2008-2012 / Forester XT 2009-2012 at RallySportDirect.com

I also had this same problem with my SPT boost gauge. A couple of weeks after I got the car, the light started to flicker until suddenly one day it just said bye bye. It came with the car so I just took it to the dealer for a warranty replacement.
    2012 DGM WRX Base

Tis is under warranty by the dealership. I had the issues and had them replace it.

I Support ClubWRX
    same problem starting with mine to. i figured this would be a great chance to change the gauge up. anyone have a good suggestion for a gauge that would go in place of the SPT gauge?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.