Wiring Gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wiring Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so my boost Gauge had just enough wire to run it where i wanted but i recently had a ...

Wiring Gauges

Ok so my boost Gauge had just enough wire to run it where i wanted but i recently had a friend give me a AFR gauge and from where im mounting it theres not enough wire with the gauge to wire where i want... Has anyone else had the same issue? If so what kind of wire would be the best to use to link it all together?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Solder the same gauge wire to the wire you are trying to extend.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Just go to Radio Shack or even Pep Boys/Autozone (or even Home Depot for that matter). They have thin gauged copper wire that you can just splice (solder, twist cap it, crimp connectors, etc) into the gauge wire. Easy peasy.

Is it a Wide Band AFR gauge?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Just go to Radio Shack or even Pep Boys/Autozone (or even Home Depot for that matter). They have thin gauged copper wire that you can just splice (solder, twist cap it, crimp connectors, etc) into the gauge wire. Easy peasy.

Is it a Wide Band AFR gauge?
    Yep its a AEM Wideband... and im going to have it in a dual pillar on my driver side and the stupid things always come with short wires.. I never understood why they do that lol

Really? I have about 5 feet of extra wire tucked under my dash for my wideband.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Solder the same gauge wire to the wire you are trying to extend.
    +2

Also my Prosports came with more than enough wire.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Its a gauge he was wanting to use and didnt so he may have cut it.. he didnt specify that.. And yeah my prosport boost gauge had plenty as well

Definitely solder. It's more time consuming than crimping, but your signals will be cleaner, and almost 0% chance of it rattling apart.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    +2

Also my Prosports came with more than enough wire.
    Damn my last Prosports came with only a few inches of wire, BNIB...but that was back in 2007.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.