Help Removing Trunk/Gas Plastic Cover & Heated Seats Plug *PICS*

This is a discussion on Help Removing Trunk/Gas Plastic Cover & Heated Seats Plug *PICS* within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm detailing the entire inside of my 2004 WRX and I ran into 2 small but annoying problems. I'm ...

Help Removing Trunk/Gas Plastic Cover & Heated Seats Plug *PICS*

So I'm detailing the entire inside of my 2004 WRX and I ran into 2 small but annoying problems. I'm most certainly missing something but can't figure it out.

I wanted to remove the cover for the trunk/gas lid latches on the drive side floor so I can clean around it. I removed these 2 screws, and the plastic cover moves around and wiggles, but I can't completey remove it.

Also, I can't for the life of me remove these 2 plugs from my heated seats. There is a green part that has an arrow pointing up and when I move it and push in the other tab, it won't budge. It's hard cause you're doing it all with your fingernails. I tried a flathead but it didn't work. Pull harder? I don't want to rip any cabling out of the plug..

And one more thing.. is this just corrosion on my trunk lock? Can I remove it someway or do I need a new lock..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2075.jpg   DSCN2073.JPG   DSCN2072.jpg  
    To the face!
    04' Stage 2 WRX | Premium Silver. Premium Sex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe they use the same type of plug, but I'm pretty sure that plug is for the side curtain airbag in the seat (at least, it is on my bugeye), thus the reason it's a PITA to remove.

It took me forever, but I held the green part forward like you did, then used needlenose pliers to get a good grip on the plug clasp and pulled. I did exactly what you're doing, I just used the needlenose to grip the male end of the plug. I only held onto the plug, so as not to pull on the wires. It eventually came loose with no damage, but it was a major PITA.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Maybe they use the same type of plug, but I'm pretty sure that plug is for the side curtain airbag in the seat (at least, it is on my bugeye), thus the reason it's a PITA to remove.

It took me forever, but I held the green part forward like you did, then used needlenose pliers to get a good grip on the plug clasp and pulled. I did exactly what you're doing, I just used the needlenose to grip the male end of the plug. I only held onto the plug, so as not to pull on the wires. It eventually came loose with no damage, but it was a major PITA.
    Hey Rambo

Ya I actually got the plugs out. I pulled up on the green tab and then actually pulled TOWARDS me the yellow tab and it slipped out effortlessly. I was pushing the yellow tab the opposite direction.

Still haven't figured out that plastic cover though. Bright sunshine and then it starts to rain. Got my seats sitting outside under a blanket. Good thing I'm washing them this afternoon.
    To the face!

F those connectors. I got so mad at my drivers side one I just cut the wires. Now I have to solder and heat shrink, hind sight's 20/20......

OKAY to reiterate in picture form, here's the right way..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails erwer.jpg  
    To the face!