Complete Interior Redesign on 2011 WRX by JPM Coachworks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Complete Interior Redesign on 2011 WRX by JPM Coachworks within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The first stage of my interior redesign by JPM Coachworks is complete on my 2011 WRX ( Build Thread Here ...

Complete Interior Redesign on 2011 WRX by JPM Coachworks

The first stage of my interior redesign by JPM Coachworks is complete on my 2011 WRX (Build Thread Here). We all know the interiors of our cars leaves a lot to be desired, so I decided to redo all of it.

The guys at JPM are awesome and their work is out of this world. Pictures barely do it justice.

For this round we did the following.

• Black Alcantara Top Dash w/Red Stitching
    • Black Alcantara and Black Leather Gauge Hood w/Red Stitching
    • Black Alcantara and Black Leather Shift Boot w/Red Stitching
    • Black Alcantara and Black Leather E-Brake Boot w/Red Stitching
    • Black Alcantara and Black Leather Center Console Arm Rest with Extra Padding Added
    • Black Alcantara and Black Leather Door Arm Rests with Extra Padding Added
    • Stock Steering Wheel Wrapped in Black Alcantara and Black Leather w/Red Stitching

2nd Phase will be the following coming soon...

• Removing 3M Carbon Vinyl
    • Color Matching Radio Bezel to Center Dash Trim
    • Black Alcantara Wrapped Center Console and Shifter Trim
    • Black Alcantara Roof
    • Black Alcantara A-Pillars
    • Sparco Milanos Done In Black Alcantara (center) and Black Leather (side bolsters) with Red Stitching
    • GT Spec D Steering Wheel in Black Alcantara and Black Leather w/Red 12 O'Clock Band
    • Top Door Piece in Black Alcantara to Continue Dash

Pictures of what has been completed so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So the seats were set to be ready yesterday when Alex at JPM texted me the bad news. The embroidery machine went down last night half way through the final logo for the seats.

It is going to be next week on the seats. He was really upset that it couldn't get done today. It's all good though...a little bit more time is not going to kill anything and stuff like this happens in custom manufacturing. The good thing is that their customer service is over the top regardless of who you are...so I will patiently wait a couple more days for the seats to be finished. It will actually give a little bit more time to finish up a couple other things we are doing with the interior.

Or so I thought when I posted that on a different thread on the updates on the interior. Last night, Alex got in touch with me and said "I have a surprise for you, check your thread on the Interior section of NASIOC"

And I found this post...

Quote Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
    While the above is still true (and we're taking the machine in for service tomorrow), I did want to share a bit of an information that I've been keeping secret from Robb today. In a completely unexpected McGuiver style series of movements, Joe managed to help coax two additional embroidery jobs out of the machine before it completely went kaput. But Shh! Please don't spoil the surprise

Also, please keep in mind that fitment tweaking or adjustment has not been performed. If you think that the seat upper looks a bit plain, then you're correct. We're missing the belt-guides (also known as harness pass-throughs). Replacements, in black, are on order from Sparco.

And before I forget, we do not force our marque upon any of our products. Any product or project that you may come across that features our name has been added by the request of the customer.

Happy Friday,
    Alex
    Holy hell...they are coming out even better than I had imaged!!! :banana:

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I was not a fan of the Carbon Fiber trim, but I scroll up and see that you have replaced the carbon fiber with Alcantara! Looks great, but how hard is it to keep clean?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Wow that looks great!

I honestly think that the JPM Coachworks logo looks good too, and for you the customer to request that, is a nice homage to what looks like a job VERY well done, and to great customer service as well.

Can't wait to see finished pics!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

That looks really good. I have considered wrapping a lot of the interior with a nicer/darker colored material as someone else showed a DIY. Maybe one day.

Until then I'll just drool a bit more at these
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, that dash....

I'm confident enough in my sewing ability that I've considered trying some custom interior stuff. Between myself and my mom, I think we could pull off the dashboard, but damn, JPM does good work!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks for all of the feedback. The reality is that pictures do not even really do the interior justice now. The work JPM did completely changes how the car feels. It is simply incredible.

More coming within the week! Project is almost done.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I was not a fan of the Carbon Fiber trim, but I scroll up and see that you have replaced the carbon fiber with Alcantara! Looks great, but how hard is it to keep clean?
    Not at all. That is the great thing about Alcantara. No fading and super easy to keep clean.

We got one of the seats in yesterday. It is amazing how much it transforms the interior already. I am completely blown away. I can't wait to get the other one in and apply some finishing touches on the interior.

I dropped off the other seat (the one I was using in the drivers seat) so it could get done yesterday. Keep in mind, the black harness pass throughs have not come in from Sparco yet so those will be added to the installed seat as well. This is also not the final steering wheel design. JPM should have the new wheel in and recovered sometime this week.

Here are some pictures to pass the time. I am going to do a real shoot of the interior once everything is in and complete. We have something insane in process for the A pillars but I am not sure if that will be done yet when I everything else goes in.

Audio additions on the horizon.

For the WBM, we put in a regular hood in place of my SMY in the interest of time. For those of you that don't know, the SMY is a pain to wrap because it is not symmetrical. After some begging and bribing, Joe at JPM did me a huge favor and wrapped my SMY so I could get my gauges back. Up until this point, they were tied off under the dash.

I still need to figure out something for my wideband gauge though. I hate where it is right now. I used to have it in the storage compartment below the air controls, but now it won't fit like I had it because of the STI center console swap. I really wish there were more gauge mounting options for the GR's...

I will be switching out the Prosports for some Defi's soon. I am not convinced the Prosports are entirely accurate and the quality just isn't there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Solid progress. This has been a very fun thread to follow, and JPM coachworks couldn't ask for a better advertisement! I keep meaning to pick up a shift boot and e-brake boot from them. Is the rear alacantara as well?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Are these for sale

I scanned the internet pretty decently and I was unable to find a JPM coachworks dash for the 2011 rex. All I could find was e-brake, shift boot, and I think the cluster cover thing. I could not, for the life of me, find a JPM DASH for the 2011.

Where might I find this, or was your's specially made?

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupandbord View Post
    I scanned the internet pretty decently and I was unable to find a JPM coachworks dash for the 2011 rex. All I could find was e-brake, shift boot, and I think the cluster cover thing. I could not, for the life of me, find a JPM DASH for the 2011.

Where might I find this, or was your's specially made?
    Call them about the dash. You can do a core swap if they have one or you can ship them yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Solid progress. This has been a very fun thread to follow, and JPM coachworks couldn't ask for a better advertisement! I keep meaning to pick up a shift boot and e-brake boot from them. Is the rear alacantara as well?
    I'm leaving the rear alone. My 10 month old son sits back there!

Awesome build! Where did you get the gauge pods that go above the steering wheel I've seen them before I can't find them
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.