gauges????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on gauges???? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ugh so new to the forum and I am new to owning a subaru. Got myself a bran2012 wrx premium, ...

gauges????

Ugh so new to the forum and I am new to owning a subaru. Got myself a bran2012 wrx premium, I'm stuck trying to decide what gauges I want to get , any suggestions on which ones you guys haven't had problems with, I like the auto meter elites and they seem to be pretty respectable and reliable any help would be great guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on you budget. Defi are some of the best, but they aren't cheap. Prosport are much cheaper but expect to get what you pay for...some people have great luck with them (myself included) but some people have problems.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Honestly, in terms of best performance for the money, you can't beat AEM's digital gauges. I know they don't match the stock cluster at all, but they work great. I'm currently using an AEM UEGO Wideband and a Prosport Premium Boost gauge (Amber w/white needle) and both work fantastic. I previously had a Prosport Digital Wideband and it reacted very slow and was very inaccurate so I sent it back and got the AEM instead.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Two questions:
    1) What are you looking to monitor?
    2) What are you looking to spend?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Two questions:
    1) What are you looking to monitor?
    2) What are you looking to spend?
    Was looking into the pillar gauge pod for 3 gauges wanted to run boost/vacuum, EGT and not sure on the third yet, I don't want to spend a fortune on gauges but I also don't want to cheap out and get ones that either break or don't read correctly so im willing to spend a little more to get better ones as long as there worth the money. I guess what I'm looking for is a set of middle of the road gauges so to speak not crazy expensive but not cheap either.......

I Support ClubWRX
    The Defi Racer Series gauges sound like a perfect match for you then. They sacrifice features like peak warning and playback for a lower price point over other Defi products. They don't require any expensive control boxes, either. They are premium quality gauges, though. Defi is a highly regarded brand in the Subaru community.

A Racer Series boost gauge is typically in the $190 range, as an example. The EGT gauge is around $250, IIRC. Talk to our vendors such as Kronos Performance (I highly recommend them), and Adam might have a deal going on you can take advantage of.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

cool thanks a lot I just looked at them and they seem perfect, only question I have is does anyone have the red ones installed and is the red at least close to what the stock gauges are on the new wrx's

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam91 View Post
    cool thanks a lot I just looked at them and they seem perfect, only question I have is does anyone have the red ones installed and is the red at least close to what the stock gauges are on the new wrx's
    I had the red ones, and yes, they're a very good match. The Defis also have a gauge sweep function on startup very similar to the dash cluster.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam91
    Yes. It isn't a white needle like the stock gauges, but the red will match pretty well.

My '05:
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I had prosports and all 3 broke within a year of having them.

I just recently switched the the defi racer series and absolutely love them. They are bright, clear, and accurate

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Defi.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks a lot guys and ej thanks for the pic those gauges do look nice, deff gunna pick up some Defi gauges now thanks again for everyones input!!!

for a 99% DD what would be the best to get gauges if only getting/wanting 2 gauges? Boost and AFR? Boost and EGT?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    for a 99% DD what would be the best to get gauges if only getting/wanting 2 gauges? Boost and AFR? Boost and EGT?
    Planning on modding?

Boost and Oil Pressure if not...Boost and Wideband AFR if so.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

FMS

Defi and AEM are great brands sir.

We just installed some Prosport gauges last week and the install was a breeze.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.