Ultimount for your radar detector - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ultimount for your radar detector within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mcdbrendan Agreed on every point. I want the best signal simply because I like knowing exactly what's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
    Agreed on every point. I want the best signal simply because I like knowing exactly what's going. Not a single speeding ticket on my record.
    It's been 9 years since my last speeding citation, 6 of them without a detector. The only reason I have one now is I had an extra $400 sitting in my bank account and figured it wouldn't hurt to have an extra safety margin. In the end, it's more about how you use a detector, rather than actually having one.

For me, it's more important not to give people a reason to want to break in my car seeing an electronic device that would be worth money. If I ever received a ticket because my detector was "obstructed" in any way, I wouldn't object. I'd much rather be out $200-300 with a ticket and a usable detector than be out a window and detector.
    Last edited by EJ257; 07-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're smarter than me. I don't think as much as I should about break ins, especially in a college town... I try and remove it, but forget too often. Ultimately I'd like a k40 or similar setup, but that's a way off.

Edit: I could go on for a while on radar/LIDAR stuff, don't mean to take this off topic

I have the blendmount with inviscord for my Beltronics detector, easy install. The weight is no concern, the mirror and detector have not moved at all since I installed. I park on the street in various kinds of neighborhoods never had a problem with theft, not yet.
    ~::2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited WRB::~

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I personally think this is way cooler:
    BMW E36 Valentine One (V1) Stealth Install
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Stealthy, but lost functionality... "Since laser works by direct line of sight, you will lose laser detection since the laser detector of the V1 is physically blocked by the rear deck. Laser light can't penetrate the rear deck. Radar, on the other hand, is a different story." But, he has a pretty sweet setup all around: "Laser detection, and jamming, is taken care of by the Blinder M-10 laser jammer." Pretty ideal!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Stealthy, but lost functionality... "Since laser works by direct line of sight, you will lose laser detection since the laser detector of the V1 is physically blocked by the rear deck. Laser light can't penetrate the rear deck. Radar, on the other hand, is a different story." But, he has a pretty sweet setup all around: "Laser detection, and jamming, is taken care of by the Blinder M-10 laser jammer." Pretty ideal!
    To me, laser detection doesn't make damn bit of difference. When the detector detects laser, you have already been tagged. If you're speeding, you might as well pull over right then and there.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    To me, laser detection doesn't make damn bit of difference. When the detector detects laser, you have already been tagged. If you're speeding, you might as well pull over right then and there.
    Agreed for the most part. Occasionally though, you can catch a deflection ahead of time. I have video of this somewhere, may still be on the RD.net boards, I'll see if I can dig it up.

that can stil be stolen? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12