SMY cluster and pro sport gauges???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SMY cluster and pro sport gauges??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Simple question...have done a lot of reading here and elsewhere...have a lot of pages bookmarked for my install tackle...just getting ...

SMY cluster and pro sport gauges???

Simple question...have done a lot of reading here and elsewhere...have a lot of pages bookmarked for my install tackle...just getting everything together before i even start........can i use the Daisy chain connection for the two gauges??? Oil pressure and Boost set in a SMY cluster insert.....or is it better to solder both sets of wires together and then put on the fuse extension plugs i'm going to buy....just wondering if i daisy chain them and then use the stock fuse for the main slot and a 3amp for the gauges would the 3amp be enough??? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can daisy them together, but the daisy chain isn't long enough to go from one pod to the other, so you'll have to extend the harness, which isn't hard at all.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    I did not daisy chain. I soldered the wires from each gauge to fuse taps.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks fpr replies and yes was worried about the length of the daisy chain wire...LOL In the middle of mod now..LOL...oil pressure crap in tackling the front tire removal for skirt and to get to interior...yes went out and bought the fuse add on kits...guess i will solder it all together and run down one side and across to the far one is the way to go i guess...??? thanks again this forum is great have had no replies at other stuck up forums it seems......easy to forget simple things are confusing to a newbie...LMAO

I Support ClubWRX
    Alternatively , instead of using the fender grommet,there is one right behind the IC. You would have to take the IC off for this. I didn't use the fender grommet because I already had an amp wire running through it. I see that you have RA mudflaps. Was a PITA for me too ,as I had to take the flaps off for the amp install.

PS. You need mini-ATM fuse taps,not the ATM fuse taps that are usually sold in stores.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Alrighty then getting there...LOL...fender panels off wires to there...removed removed stock insert and getting ready for interior finally...sorry taking time....heres a pic of the fuses etc...have read in a lot of post about what to use but it seems to differ by year.....want it to be amber/amber it say no white hookup...and i take amber is orange?...a little confused as to the wiring...it says white do not connect and amber colour to acc. power...so i don not even use the whites?? so it will stay the same in day and night??.....actual codes are red=12v constant black=grnd white=12v accesory pwr and orange=headlight switch/12v power when lights are on....have no idea about warning light?? don't think i bought one of those....or do they come with it it has peak???? LMAO sorry really green at this....

O ya have the mini add ons for fuses...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have to check,but if I remember correctly, you do not use the white wire if you need it to be amber/amber(same thing I did).

On which fuses to use,it is different for the WRX & the STI,so cannot help there. You have to use a multimeter to figure it out.

Warning beep/light can be set according to instructions in the manual. It can also be set to mute.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

WOW..that wheel panel is a pain!!!! Thanks for checking...so did you just twist the white wires together...i'm going to use slot#3 door lock for red/constant and hopefully #16 illumination for orange...and of course grnd...and let the white ones hang...the mute function and peak is all through the reset button it says on sheet so no Fing with that ....at this point it can beep away if it works...LOL

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Just a FYI, the Prosport oil pressure gauge does not work. It may work for 3-6 months before failing, and when it fails it's hard to tell. I have gone through four of them in the last two years. The last two I've had worked for three months each and started sticking at 12psi. This is more dangerous than not having the gauge at all because it leads you to believe your oil pressure is just right at all times, when in fact you may have 0psi at idle.

Works ok had a brain fart......the plugs in back don't click in at all very good....need to shuv crap in behind them to hold the plugs in or they don't work ..just flash...spent 30 minutes changing fuse ports until i pulled out the gauges and wiggled the sender wires....Need to push them in and stick something behind then to hold ,,,LOL Prosport..you get what you pay for indeed....LMAO see how long they last..???

Finished product after 6hrs ....roflmao...

Looks great! Good choice on the gauges. I have the same ones and they have worked flawlessly for me.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    +1. Mine have worked well so far.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

@ rage-wrx and others thanks for your help....it means a lot .....what peeps forget is its a do it yourself projects and need to find crap on your own, most times peeps are just posting to take a break and get any advise they can and SUPPORT...heres the links i used for generals on the install for anyone new tackling this....i also read a lot of the other posts in these forums....o these are just posts other than THE ONES FROM HERE THAT HELPED!!!

Nice install.

Prosport gauges get a bad rep, but mine work perfectly.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast