Problems w/ streaming bluetooth audio, steering wheel controls and my Droid RAZR Maxx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Problems w/ streaming bluetooth audio, steering wheel controls and my Droid RAZR Maxx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; (WARNING: Possible hijack - flame me if you want) What about initiating an Android voice command without touching the phone? ...

(WARNING: Possible hijack - flame me if you want)

What about initiating an Android voice command without touching the phone? I would really really REALLY like to be able to do this. Are there any Android phones that do this with our cars?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the ability to hit a button on the steering wheel or something and then say "Navigate Home" and let my phone route me there.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    (WARNING: Possible hijack - flame me if you want)

What about initiating an Android voice command without touching the phone? I would really really REALLY like to be able to do this. Are there any Android phones that do this with our cars?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the ability to hit a button on the steering wheel or something and then say "Navigate Home" and let my phone route me there.
    WTF stop hijacking my thread bro!

I would LOVE this feature as well. Took the words right out of my mouth. Even "Call [X] Mobile" and having it pass through to Android would be better than having to sync my contacts to the car's address book and do it that way.

Side Note: Bluetooth streaming has been behaving for 2 days in a row. Maybe there were some bugs on my ice cream cone.

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    WTF stop hijacking my thread bro!
    haha Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Side Note: Bluetooth streaming has been behaving for 2 days in a row.
    That's good news!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I haven't heard of anything of the sorts of being able to do something like that.. BUT

Now this would only work with NFC enabled devices.. but you can sort of do this by purchasing an NFC tag.. and program the tag so that it launches the google voice command thingy.. so all you would need to do is have the tag somewhere conveniently placed and then you would only need to tap your phone against that NFC chip to launch such a thing.. and since the phone would be connected via BT the sound should be coming out of the speakers.. however I'm fairly sure you would have to use the phone mic to respond and not the car mic...

That's about the only way I can think of doing what you guys are asking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.