Passenger sub ( underneath seat ) 02 wrx

This is a discussion on Passenger sub ( underneath seat ) 02 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the sub underneath the seat everyone knows about, what makes it even worse is that it's the passenger seat ...

Passenger sub ( underneath seat ) 02 wrx

So the sub underneath the seat everyone knows about, what makes it even worse is that it's the passenger seat so the driver cant even enjoy it ... I was wondering is it possible to buy another OEM subaru sub and wire it into the existing wires and then put it under the driver side seat or in the general area?
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Technically you could, as in, the plugs will let you just plug in an extra sub harness in there no problem. That said, you'll be putting a larger current draw than the stock system was designed for. One solution would be to tap directly into the battery with a 20A fuse in line and wire that directly to the extra sub's power lead (clipping the wire at the connector so it's isolated from the stereo power line), but leaving the rest of the harness intact. That would probably work fine and keep you from blowing fuses.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I did this!!! What Rambo says, but make sure you identify your wires!!!! I had to take apart the sub to look at the circuit board to find out what is what. It works good tho!!!!!
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Thanks for the help rambo
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex