to best buy or not to best buy - audio

This is a discussion on to best buy or not to best buy - audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So question for the community. Would you trust best buy with doing your car speaker install or not? I'm purchasing ...

to best buy or not to best buy - audio

So question for the community. Would you trust best buy with doing your car speaker install or not? I'm purchasing some polk dxi650's from best buy and have the opportunity to get free install of all the speakers but i'm not sure i trust them? i've had them install HU's before in my old honda accord but that was a pos car that i didn't really care if tabs or whatnot break. So...yea to free install from best buy or nay to best buy install, and instead do it myself?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I feel like this is a fairly simple install that shouldn't require to much skill, but if you want to make sure you get the best job done as possible, go to a shop. Like I said though, I think best buy could handle this install. Did you check the price of the speakers online before you go buy them from best buy?

yeah i can get them cheaper online but i have $200 in rewards certs that will expire in 10 days...so figure i'd go ahead and just get them at BB even though i slowly disliked them more through the years.

yea I understand. I would say that you will probably be safe getting them installed there.

I got my entire system done there. They always have good discounts and everything works great.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

I Support ClubWRX
    There are a bunch of DIY instructions online.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yeah i saw that guide a couple weeks ago. my thing is, i can do the speaker install b/c i've done it before on other cars and i can read but i have the option for free installation by BBY. The crux of my problem is finding out what to look for in a quality installer, what questions to ask, and what to look out for. like i said i can do it, but after renovating 80% of my house by working on it during my weekends and after work for months, i've learned the value of sometimes hiring someone else to do the job who doesn't have another day job.