Looking to switch someone cloth for leather?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking to switch someone cloth for leather? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My seats are very clean just wanted to switch cloth to leather i hate cloth, Love leather i have an ...

Looking to switch someone cloth for leather?

My seats are very clean just wanted to switch cloth to leather i hate cloth, Love leather i have an 08 wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You'll probably have to sweeten the pot a little bit if you want anybody to bite. In other news, If anybody wants to trade me a 20 dollar bill for a 10 I have...my 10 is really crisp. JK

THIS^^^^^BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

That's funny...I've had leather in so many cars and have cloth in my '08 WRX and prefer it over the leather. For the simple fact that it stays more neutral in Michigan's climate temperature wise. I heard Subaru's leather isn't very good anyway.

I actually like the cloth over the leather in a wrx. Having said that...if I had spent the extra money to get the leather, it would probably be b/c I really liked the leather.......if that makes sense.

Looking for someone to trade for a BMW 335i ... already has leather

I have to say, the leather in the 2012 limited is very nice as well as the 07 limited STi. I've driven both. Not sure if they use the same on the WRX application but chances are they do. Also, I had Corbeau leather seats in my 06 and the leather was not even close the quality as in the previously mentioned vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    That's funny...I've had leather in so many cars and have cloth in my '08 WRX and prefer it over the leather. For the simple fact that it stays more neutral in Michigan's climate temperature wise. I heard Subaru's leather isn't very good anyway.
    "Hey Derik, do you know whats good for shoulder pain?"

while we're on topic, I'd like to trade my 2012 STi seats for the leather ones in the Limited......Now I'll just sit back and watch the phones light up.
    "Hey Derik, do you know whats good for shoulder pain?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxguy08 View Post
    My seats are very clean just wanted to switch cloth to leather i hate cloth, Love leather i have an 08 wrx
    Well, you are screwed unless you get seats from another year, or get custom upholstery as the 08 did not have leather as an option

Quote Originally Posted by 434WHP View Post
    while we're on topic, I'd like to trade my 2012 STi seats for the leather ones in the Limited......Now I'll just sit back and watch the phones light up.
    You can get the leather covers from Subaru parts sites for about $1000 per front seat, and about $1500 for the rears....so about 3500 total. (I bet you could get custom for cheaper)
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Ya ill probally have my seats redone then. i was just hoping someone hated leather and wanted to make an offer. i dont like cloth i had a bmw with leather and loved it. i redone my interior dash.. http://www.cars-bikes.info/d/1207-2/...x-2008-005.jpg not my car but all that grey nasty interior trip well on my driver door it faded off so it was white instead of grey. so i redone it with a blue like the nissan 350z color looks pretty nice as my interior trip got a nice metalic blue color. http://images.dealerrevs.com/gallery...hp?id=48645088.. when i redo my seats ill prob do leather on outside and maybe a blue suede in the middle. should look pretty bad ass

Where you're located might help. I'd be interested in a switch possibly, but as someone said, you'd have to sweeten the pot a bit to get me interested.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why didn't you get a car with leather?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Capt. Drews says: Always get as many waterproof components as possible.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Why didn't you get a car with leather?
    Yeah I'm confused why you wouldn't get leather to begin with if you hate cloth...

Having it done custom is definitely your best route, though you do realize it's completely money down the drain in terms of the fact it adds zero value to your car when you sell it. I think financially you'd be better off just selling your car and buying one with leather (i.e. a WRX Limited). Though again I don't understand why you didn't just get one of these to begin with...

These numbers aren't exact but just used for comparison purposes:
    Your current value = $25,000
    Custom leather seats cost = $2,500
    Value after seats still = $25,000
    Cash out of pocket = $2,500

Sell your WRX = $25,000
    Buy a WRX Limited = $27,500
    Value after purchase = $27,500
    Cash out of pocket = $2,500

So you'll end up with a car worth more but with the same amount of cash out of pocket.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 07-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I think the OP dropped from the conversation, but maybe he bought the car used and that's why he didn't get leather in the first place. If that's the case, I don't think it's completely dumb to reupholster to leather if you really want it and think that you'll enjoy it. You can't always think about re-sale value...if you did, you should only buy much older cars that have essentially bottomed out.

With the whole selling your car to buy a different one scenario: I thought about doing that once to switch the color of a car that I wasn't super thrilled about. When you stop to consider taxes...it really isn't worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast