Boost Gauge + other info

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge + other info within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I was looking through the interior mods section and came along a thread about gauges and phone holders and ...

Boost Gauge + other info

So I was looking through the interior mods section and came along a thread about gauges and phone holders and such and I saw this

Where did you put your boost gauge and phone dock?

I guess this is going out to anyone who uses this thing called the

BAFX Products (TM) - BLUETOOTH - OBDII OBD2 DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER - CAN ELM 327 SCANTOOL - CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAR CODE READER
    and using the Torque Pro app with you android phone

(special thanks to etnpnys for showing / telling us what that is)

Would you say this is a decent route of going about getting good readings on your boost and whatever else it displays?

I would assume it isn't going to be as accurate as actual gauges seeing as it has to read over BT but with a high end phone (evo 4g LTE), would you think this is a decent way of getting info?

Really am curious about this cause I think this is a clutterless way of getting info.

*by all means I have no intentions of racing or anything so off course I do not need super accurate readings. Just wanted to know what others thought of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It would likely be similar to the results you'd get via a Romraider / Cobb AP log, so sure. I wouldn't rely on AFR data too much, but things like RPM, load, boost, etc. should be fine.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

That sounds great!

So in terms of accuracy, I know the real time accuracy isn't probably the highest but if this torque app can log your info about the car (ex: last trip, you reached this high in boost, you went this far in miles, mpg for last trip, etc) that I'm assuming would be pretty accurate data to look at correct?

I think I'm going to end up getting it. At least this adapter can read engine codes which I'm in need of for my dad's cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternet
    That sounds great!

So in terms of accuracy, I know the real time accuracy isn't probably the highest but if this torque app can log your info about the car (ex: last trip, you reached this high in boost, you went this far in miles, mpg for last trip, etc) that I'm assuming would be pretty accurate data to look at correct?

I think I'm going to end up getting it. At least this adapter can read engine codes which I'm in need of for my dad's cars.
    It's getting information from the ECU. Romraider offers a max/min value in their logger, but that's likely part of the software. I'm not familiar with the Android application.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Cool video.

I always wanted something like this; like the GTR, just as a nice setup for important gauges.

Thank you

It's really inexpensive when you compare it to an actual gauge.

All ya need is an adapter (one used was $23.99 and the torque pro app (free version or paid version which is $5.69))

It really does do the job for me..