switching from SPT gauge to Defi racer boost gauge

This is a discussion on switching from SPT gauge to Defi racer boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently tried to install an SPT boost gauge, after getting two replacements and they were both freakin broken outta ...

switching from SPT gauge to Defi racer boost gauge

I recently tried to install an SPT boost gauge, after getting two replacements and they were both freakin broken outta the box. I decided to go with Defi Red Racer gauge instead(which is what I should have done to begin with). I still have the VAC line ran through the firewall(which is nice to help run wire from the sending unit), I also have the wiring harness still ran through the dash, everything but the crappy SPT gauge.

My question is with the Defi gauge's power supply wire. How have you guys/gals ran this wire and can I spice into the SPT wiring harness somewhere?

Japanese car......SPT gauge made in USA......should have known better!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Found this pic from "Method" on 3gwrx.com. I think I can splice into red, black, white, black, but Im not completely positive. The splitter with the red/black wires connect to the dash clock and the black/purple connect to the dimmer switch. The white/back would go the illumination light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3471771818_a928e40a44.jpg  

I just tried it, no go. I will just tap into the clock.