Megan racing Short Shifter install

This is a discussion on Megan racing Short Shifter install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a megan racing short shifter i need to install and i keep seeing videos that i gotta get ...

Megan racing Short Shifter install

i have a megan racing short shifter i need to install and i keep seeing videos that i gotta get under the car and take the shift linkage out, is this true? is there someway i can do it just inside the car without having to take the linkage out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not very familiar with the brand, but if it is just a short shifter the install can be done from inside the car. There is no need to take out the linkage.

If you are also installing bushings,then all the work is done from under the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

the only bushing i need to install is the one where the shifter pivots, so i dont need to take the linkage out? awesome. i been waiting to put it in cus i thought i had to get under the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay,so I just saw you have an 02? Here are the install instructions. Looks like you will have to get under the car to install on that model year. DIY: STi Short Shift Kit on 02 WRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

good grief. lol, looks like ill have to wait until i got more time.