Best anti theft product - car alarm ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best anti theft product - car alarm ??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just as the title says . Obviously alarm is the best but what is the best device to stop someone ...

I Support ClubWRX

Best anti theft product - car alarm ???

Just as the title says . Obviously alarm is the best but what is the best device to stop someone from stealing the car ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The easiest is probably to wire a hidden momentary push button into the clutch wire. That way you have to press the button, while holding the clutch down and turning the key. Costs about $1 to wire in, and the way I see it, the average thief isn't going to hang around for more than about 30 seconds when they can't figure out why your car won't start.

Or, if you're really paranoid about it getting stolen, I suppose you could flash a map to the ECU that wouldn't allow the car to start. I don't care how crafty a thief is, if the ECU doesn't dump any fuel they aren't going to be driving the car away.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i dont know about car theft where you are, but here in orlando it's almost an every day thing. if they want your car, they will take your car. it doesnt matter what antitheft device, what kill switch, etc.

my friend had everything under the sun on his car and it still go stolen because the theifs used a tow truck to tow it out of the mall parking lot.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i dont know about car theft where you are, but here in orlando it's almost an every day thing. if they want your car, they will take your car. it doesnt matter what antitheft device, what kill switch, etc.

my friend had everything under the sun on his car and it still go stolen because the theifs used a tow truck to tow it out of the mall parking lot.
    Yup, They will flatbed it if they really want it. Best bet is to put a tracking device somewhere in the car.

Pretty much, a car can get taken no matter what. They've got a solution to ever device.

Atleast its just a car, and not your... family or house.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe Ravelco Anti Theft Device

or a pair of Hellas with your factory alarm system.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    A pair of Hellas with your factory alarm system.
    This.

In reality, as stated, determined thieves can get anything they want. Your best bet is to slow them down and draw as much attention to the car as possible. I accidentally tripped my factory alarm once after I installed the Hellas, and neighbors up and down the street looked out their doors. That's exactly what I want to happen in case of an attempted car theft.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

An old buddy of mine put a 118db alarm horn INSIDE the car too. Granted.. it really sucks if you trip that alarm by accident.. but secondly and probably more important.. you'd go absolutely deaf attempting to start it or move it. That coupled with the two external horns and this thing sounded like a fire truck when it was tripped.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    I'd say the best anti-theft would be to own an 08' Wrx. Who would steal that car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    An old buddy of mine put a 118db alarm horn INSIDE the car too.
    Holy . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth ., I'd **** myself if those went off inside. When I was wiring the supertones, I accidently shorted them them right next to my ear and I thought I'd been tased. I was completely dazed for a good 30 seconds before I realized what happened.

EDIT: BAHAHAHAHA, the new swear filter is awesome.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    I'd say the best anti-theft would be to own an 08' Wrx. Who would steal that car?
    You're mean...I'm going to cry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    You're mean...I'm going to cry
    Sorry I was only joking. I have an 09', it's only slightly better than the 08'

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Sorry I was only joking. I have an 09', it's only slightly better than the 08'
    I know...I know...I won't shed a tear over an 08...because I'm perfectly happy with mine. (as it sits now...not stock of course) / although I kinda like the bigger spoiler on the 09...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    The easiest is probably to wire a hidden momentary push button into the clutch wire. That way you have to press the button, while holding the clutch down and turning the key. Costs about $1 to wire in, and the way I see it, the average thief isn't going to hang around for more than about 30 seconds when they can't figure out why your car won't start.
    Can you elaborate on how this is done??

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    An old buddy of mine put a 118db alarm horn INSIDE the car too. Granted.. it really sucks if you trip that alarm by accident.. but secondly and probably more important.. you'd go absolutely deaf attempting to start it or move it. That coupled with the two external horns and this thing sounded like a fire truck when it was tripped.
    That is seriously awesome. I'd love to see a video of a thief trying to steal a car and going deaf, grabbing their ears in the process.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Can you elaborate on how this is done??

That is seriously awesome. I'd love to see a video of a thief trying to steal a car and going deaf, grabbing their ears in the process.
    I ended getting a Lo-Jack. Will probably get kill switch soon too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm3000 View Post
    I ended getting a Lo-Jack. Will probably get kill switch soon too.
    Correct me if I am wrong,but isn't the Lojack a theft recovery device & not a anti- theft device? How much does it cost?

I mean if ,God forbid, your car gets stolen & eventually recovered will it not show up as a stolen & recovered vehicle on the carfax report?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast