Boost Gauge Prices
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge Prices within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering, what boost gauge do you guys buy? I also was curious on the price of installation, for ...

Boost Gauge Prices

I was wondering, what boost gauge do you guys buy? I also was curious on the price of installation, for some reason I thought I remembered this being an expensive install...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I run the Defi Racer series

My install cost me the a 12-pack of Sam Adams, split between a buddy and I for the install of my three gauges.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Would this be something that would/could void my warranty? I was thinking of getting a dual gauge pod setup for the A pillar, not sure what I'd get for a second gauge yet

I Support ClubWRX
    The boost gauge should not void the warranty. What year is your car?. I have prosport white lines boost and oil pressure with the SMY Cluster
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    The boost gauge should not void the warranty. What year is your car?. I have prosport white lines boost and oil pressure with the SMY Cluster
    It's a 2012 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    a mechanical boost would be cheaper around 50ish the ones with electronic senders are around 95 and up. Unless you have them next to each other you wouldn't notice the difference. The install is easy enough they have walk through posts on the sites just search. The prosport came with two cups so no need to buy one but I ordered mine with the SMY cluster. There is supposed to be someone working on the triple pod that would go in the center area but nothing yet.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I notice you have the short throw. Did you get the bushings also? How does the shift feel? I felt that the STI was too notchy and not easy to shift. Granted this was on a short-test drive but I hated the shift compared to my Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    It's a 2012 WRX Sedan

well this is just my opinion, but here is what i did...

Cheap OBDll bluetooth ebay. $15 Or expensive OBDll bluetooth for $150. (they both comes with wire for your laptop to read Codes
    My asus tablet/android HTC G2. (usually i use g2 for music on my stock head unit) .. i already have asus tablet. I got it for $200 long ago
    Torque App on andriod market. $5
    Hook two together and bam!!!! live data that i can see. (usually, i use my tablet because its much bigger then my phone screen)

It has oil temp, boost, afr, egt, whatever you want

I also know its consistent because i use my Cobb AP to compare data. Super Consistent!!!
    All and all i spend was about 20 hamburgers
    Last edited by oceanwater48; 05-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    OP...you said you were thinking of an A pilar.....this post on 3gWRX lists the only place that i know of that makes A pilars for the 11-12 cars..

BNA Solutions Original 3Gwrx Pillar Pod Maker!! Now Offering Military Discounts!
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

OBD II

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwater48 View Post
    well this is just my opinion, but here is what i did...

Cheap OBDll bluetooth ebay. $15 Or expensive OBDll bluetooth for $150. (they both comes with wire for your laptop to read Codes
    My asus tablet/android HTC G2. (usually i use g2 for music on my stock head unit) .. i already have asus tablet. I got it for $200 long ago
    Torque App on andriod market. $5
    Hook two together and bam!!!! live data that i can see. (usually, i use my tablet because its much bigger then my phone screen)

It has oil temp, boost, afr, egt, whatever you want

I also know its consistent because i use my Cobb AP to compare data. Super Consistent!!!
    All and all i spend was about 20 hamburgers
    What kind did you buy if you dnt mind me asking?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.