jvc cd player interference with amp
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on jvc cd player interference with amp within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay story is my g.f had her system on her stock deck, remote into a split, rcas into that small ...

jvc cd player interference with amp

Okay story is my g.f had her system on her stock deck, remote into a split, rcas into that small box with three wires, we bought a brand new jvc deck from walmart, and a subie clip, got the deck installed, i moved the remote to a remote off the cd player, everything worked fine untill we moved the cd player. We blew a fuse on the fuse panel, which I replaced which fixed the cd player issue, but now the amp won't turn on. She has a pioneer 12" sub with a sony xplode amp.

I found out when I unground the cd player, the amp turns on, when you ground it back up, the amp turns off.

Any ideas?

I have heard the ground from the amp is grounding somewhere else and interfering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah you have some mixed grounds somewhere. I'm assuming you mean you have a CD changer in the trunk or something of that sorts?

With the way your setup is now, you should completely bypass the whole splice box thing for the amp. Run RCAs and the Remote wire directly from the Headunit. You'll get much cleaner sound that way as well, and it will ensure all your connections are proper.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

no head unit on the dash, i know about the rca's everything is on the back of the cd player, ie rcas are in the cd player remote to remote

Ohhhhh...you're doing it the 1990s way. The JVC is a trunk mounted CD player in the back? Why not just get a new head unit then?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

NO

THE JVC IN THE DASH. I SAID THAT! lol wow

wait, wtf? draw a goddamn picture! I'm confused!

In my defense, you're saying head unit, then CD player...separately. Making it sound like there are two separate units.

lol generally head unit and cd player are the same thing. i said dash like 5 times lol

any way still the same problem the cd player/headunit in the dash still has grounding interference.

Yeah the only way to tell for sure is to pull it out of the dash and see what wires are going where (very easy to do btw). Its definitely a crossed ground issue.

I have tripple checked all the wires that I did, everything matched up, do you need the ground to the chassis in these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by gaspricessuckk View Post
    I have tripple checked all the wires that I did, everything matched up, do you need the ground to the chassis in these cars?
    Amp, yes. Head unit, yes (which should be grounded already as long as the wiring harness is correct).

i know amp i have done many installs.

like the atenna that goes in I know is a ground, but say in my mitsubishi's you have to also ground the wire that says ground to the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.