Suede interior panels [pics] - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Suede interior panels [pics] within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking good...Idk if I could handle the lines in the suede...I think it would drive me nuts. But something similar ...

Looking good...Idk if I could handle the lines in the suede...I think it would drive me nuts. But something similar to this in a dark color. The C-pillars in my car and headliner back there are gross from driving with the windows down all the time.

DIY instructions, svp?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you planning on doing anything with the light colored trim panels or sticking with a 2 tone look?

Quote Originally Posted by power091999 View Post
    Are you planning on doing anything with the light colored trim panels or sticking with a 2 tone look?
    I'll probably keep them how they are, I'm afraid of trying to paint or dye them and then having them look bad/cheaper then they already do.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Base WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Great idea! I've been thinking about doing something like you did as well, except I'm thinking of using alcantara. I think the suede might actually look better, but is it $$$$? here's a link of what I was thinking about going with. Did you consider the alcantara at all?
    Genuine Alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Great idea! I've been thinking about doing something like you did as well, except I'm thinking of using alcantara. I think the suede might actually look better, but is it $$$$? here's a link of what I was thinking about going with. Did you consider the alcantara at all?
    Genuine Alcantara
    3 yards did pretty much my whole upper half of the car and the material cost me $45 for the suede, $8 for the spray adhesive and $60 to have the head liner done right by a upholstery shop. So I did the whole upper half of my car for pretty much the price of 1 yard + shipping of alcantara.

Also I like that the suede has a foam backing making it feel plush when you touch it rather then hard like the factory head liner. Cabin noise seems to be less as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Base WRX

I love the idea of blacking out the pillars and headliner, and this turned out great. Can I ask where you sourced the material from? If it was online can you post a link?
    I thought it might be similar to this ... Miami Corp: distributor of trim products to the auto, marine and upholstery trades.
    Also, instead of painting or dying the remaining white/beige pieces did you consider just buying the black spare parts you need? I think that's what I'll do for the handles and such. I dont know if I can link to another forum but they have a parts list for the interior at ... Need to replace an interior part in your GR? Here are the valid OEM Part Numbers. - NASIOC

Color codes:
    ME light gray
    MG charcoal
    JG Dark gray
    ML black
    JC off-black
    JJ off-black

Again, congrats on the project, it turned out looking great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12