SPT Boost fluttering

This is a discussion on SPT Boost fluttering within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone else have the Factory SPT Boost gauge installed and noticed that if you drive over any bumps the needle ...

SPT Boost fluttering

Anyone else have the Factory SPT Boost gauge installed and noticed that if you drive over any bumps the needle bounces? Its a fast flutter and you can hear it as well. There are no kinks in the vacuum line, not sure if anyone else has seen this?
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm. ~Jacquie Phelan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep. When my sub hits too.

How about the after markets units like AEM, do they have the fluttering needle as well. I assume an electric unit wouldn't have the same issue.
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm. ~Jacquie Phelan

I Support ClubWRX
    My Prosport does seem to flutter. Its an electrical boost gauge. I have heard mixed reviews with the SPT gauge

I've heard some poor reviews on the SPT gauge as well...but you gotta think about gravity: you hit a bump, the car goes up, and then comes down. Same things that happen when you go over hills or in an elevator. It will affect a loose spinning mechanism as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

My omori boost gauge fluttered when I drove, it made me crazy, I ended up going to an auto parts store and getting a "vacuum restrictor" and putting it in the line about 6" from where I have it hooked to the bypass valve...

It acts as a buffer so you don't read all the little pulses in the boost and it fixes it all. And its still accurate