Black interior?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Black interior? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone fixed the stupidity of Subaru on the WRX giving it the cheap look like they ran out of ...

Banned

Black interior?

Has anyone fixed the stupidity of Subaru on the WRX giving it the cheap look like they ran out of parts 2 tone interior? I was thinking of just buying all the STi parts to replace the top half of the car black but that seems like it is to expensive for what it is..So was thinking of just getting STi headliner, visors, and roof handles and painting the rest of the trim. has anyone done this and what paint would hold up and match the factory lower part of the car. oh I have a '12 WRX
    Last edited by Doobis; 04-23-2012 at 06:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I am a bit confused.

I have an STi and my entire interior is black as well. Just has STi logo's on it.

I like that its all black interior though so I never gave it much thought. Let me know if this does not answer your question. I may be missing what you are trying to do.

Banned
    no the Sti comes with all black interior. from the pillars to the headliner in the WRX its a cream color..its not all black. it looks really cheap on the WRX being 2 tone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Someone here switched the entire interior of the WRX for the STIs black interor.Anything can be done if you are willing to spend the $.

As far as paint,maybe plastidip?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    plastidip i think would look like crap cause it chips so easy
    might remove the pieces and take to an interior shop to have them dye it all

I Support ClubWRX
    I painted the interior vinyl pillars and back wagon compartment of a car I owned, it was a Ford. I don't remember where I found the paint, but an aftermarket provider supplied paint specifically made for the purpose, color matched and everything. I purchased an aerosol sprayer with disposable propellant cartridges, taped off the windows and carpet and had at it. It turned out really good and was durable as well. The cost was minimal.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

It might be easier to trade the rex in for a used Lexus/Cadi. Then you won't have to worry about the interior.

Seriously though, while you're at replacing the interior, are you planning to soundproof as well? These things rattle like a *****. I'd love to see before & after pictures...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I've done it, and it isn't expensive nor difficult. There is an entire thread on it but I don't remember where. Plasti-dip the pillars and seat belt cover things that pop off. Get some fabric dye (comes in a spray can at auto parts stores) and use that on the visors. Get rid of the Oh **** handles and put in the plugs that are sold by fastwrx.com. And then recover the headliner with suede from amazon. All can be done in a days work and under $100

edit: Here is one link http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...-interior.html
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    i just dont wanna do anything plastidip as it comes off to easy if one bit starts to go..id rather have the pieces dyed or painted properly so i dont have to worry about if i chip it the rest will peel away and look like ass.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    my pillars have been plasti-dipped for 2 years without a single chip. Well over 20k miles on them. You can always paint them with a krylon fusion paint as well. Otherwise its going to cost you hundreds or even close to 1k instead of $70
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    id use fusion before plastidip. just finding the color that matches whats in there already I think will be hard part

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    It might be easier to trade the rex in for a used Lexus/Cadi. Then you won't have to worry about the interior.

Seriously though, while you're at replacing the interior, are you planning to soundproof as well? These things rattle like a *****. I'd love to see before & after pictures...
    ^this.

No to sound like an ass...but is there anything about this car you do like? I could understand if this was given to you as a gift and its not "what you wanted" but you chose to buy this vehicle. It sounds like you didnt go into a dealership or onto their website to order their car. Just called and ordered with out even doing the slightest bit of research.

I think you should trade and get something you actually looked at and researched before you change EVERYTHING about the car until its a completely different car. If you want better quality put out the money and get a better quality car, like lexus/merc/bmw/audi, bc you'll just put out that money "fixing" everything you dislike about your wrx.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Banned
    i like that i can fit someone in the back of the car easily. No i dont really like the car all that much but not going to trade it in with only 450miles. I will probably keep it for a year so I get the loan paid down little bit more then trade it.
    Once again HOW am i supposed to go look at something when there was NONE in my area to look at or drive..there was only one limited STi at the dealer I made my original order from I got to sit in but they didnt let me drive it. and I had NO wrx to test drive. I wasnt aware of this 2 tone interior as I never seen that before. So why is this a thread about me not liking the car..i was talking about making the interior all black..thats all this is about

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobis View Post
    i like that i can fit someone in the back of the car easily. No i dont really like the car all that much but not going to trade it in with only 450miles. I will probably keep it for a year so I get the loan paid down little bit more then trade it.
    Once again HOW am i supposed to go look at something when there was NONE in my area to look at or drive..there was only one limited STi at the dealer I made my original order from I got to sit in but they didnt let me drive it. and I had NO wrx to test drive. I wasnt aware of this 2 tone interior as I never seen that before. So why is this a thread about me not liking the car..i was talking about making the interior all black..thats all this is about
    Why spend 10s of thousands of dollars are a car you don't like? Lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Banned
    well this thread is went to crap..enough with how I feel about the car and wanna try to keep it on topic if anyone knows a color that would be a good match to factory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast