Black interior? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Black interior? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Doobis well this thread is went to crap..enough with how I feel about the car and wanna ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobis View Post
    well this thread is went to crap..enough with how I feel about the car and wanna try to keep it on topic if anyone knows a color that would be a good match to factory
    Now you want to invest money into a car you don't like? Dude...your priorities are retarded. If you don't like it, take it back and see if the dealer has something you like more.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think Black would match what you're looking for.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Banned
    i give up..apparently no one wants to give any help cause I say i am not jumping for joy and getting a boner everytime I drive the car. its an ok car but its not great I will live with it for a year so when i trade it in I have even more going towards a new car. plus then Ford will be offering 1.9% on the 2013 GT's again.

I have been on ALOT of forums, many car ones, detailing forums and reef tanks and I have to say the Subaru forums are the most unhelpful and unfriendly of any i have ever been on.

no one is saying you have to bust a nut every time the turbo spools, but read over some of your posts and substitute the car with a different noun. If it was a girl, you would have cheated on her and divorced her already. Also, we are biased, which is why we are here...what would happen if you went onto the reef tank forum and every thread of yours was about how stupid they look, and how difficult they were to maintain, and goldfish in a bowl would have been a much better buy, etc etc.
    There is no point in "just living with" a brand new car, thats just a waste of money IMO. We are trying to help you. You have laid down your 'points' and our common consensus is you hate the car, you made the wrong choice, go get something you actually want.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    what would happen if you went onto the reef tank forum and every thread of yours was about how stupid they look, and how difficult they were to maintain, and goldfish in a bowl would have been a much better buy, etc etc..
    So what you're saying is I'm wasting my time with my reef build & should just keep my bowl with the goldfish?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    So what you're saying is I'm wasting my time with my reef build & should just keep my bowl with the goldfish?
    yes.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobis View Post
    I have been on ALOT of forums, many car ones, detailing forums and reef tanks and I have to say the Subaru forums are the most unhelpful and unfriendly of any i have ever been on.
    That's because you don't like the car that most of us own and actually enjoy. If you don't like it, get something you enjoy. Even if it is a homely old mustang.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    MAN....this thread de-railed faster than ScoobyDoo near pot brownies....I mean scoobysnacks.

Doobis, the way I see it, you have two options for black.....

1) get the STi parts and install them. Yes, they aer costly, but then you go to trade in your rex, you could either bargain for higher value due to the STi interior, or pull it (reinstalling the WRX stuff) and sell it on here. I'm sure it would sell fast.

2) paint the plastic with several light thin coats of either Krylon Fusion or the Rustolium Plastic paint. A matte finish black should match pretty well. For the visors and headliner I would use the spray dye that is used for dying womens shoes.

While you are at it, I would suggest taking sound dampening steps to make the cabin even nicer.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Banned
    i think I would purchase the new visors with the headliner as they are not very expensive. I just dont understand the 2 tone interior. I am done talking about my feelings on the car. I am just sticking to my original subject

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a friend who does design (industrial and office space). Based upon his experience the lighter "windows up" treatment on the WRX is probably designed to make the interior seem brighter and therefore more roomy. The dark headliner and pillars in the STi are designed to provide more of a cockpit feel.

Sounds logical to me.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

^^That does make a lot of sense to me actually
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I would not keep a car I don't like unless I was forced to do so ($).

I would not spend money on a car I don't like.

I would not paint the interior of a car I do like. I'd talk to a tanner first. They're still around and some of them do great work. Look for a tanner in your area and see what they can do about covering any/all pieces. Also ask them about wool carpets. Before you do either, install sound deadening.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

do what i did.... remove all pillars and rear guards and paint them with SEMS automotive tint.

email me if u want pics.

as for the headliner... i reupholstered that. its all really easy, and takes less than 80 bucks total. just some time from ur side. have it done in a day tho.
    If at first you don't succeed, go into boost. If you cant go into boost... no panties will be harmed. much less be sent to the rear seats.

All else fails... put a disco roof in your car. E.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. loves going into a car to dance. Or... strobe them unconcious.

and btw- SEMS isnt a paint but it isnt a tint either. its like a coating but doesnt crack off or flake. its really hard to explain
    If at first you don't succeed, go into boost. If you cant go into boost... no panties will be harmed. much less be sent to the rear seats.

All else fails... put a disco roof in your car. E.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. loves going into a car to dance. Or... strobe them unconcious.

I Support ClubWRX
    Doobis, check out this thread/build. he actually took the Alacantra and out fitted the interior of his wrx w/ it. Pretty cool write up on how to do it as well.
    Overland04's Path to a Killer Daily Driver | 2011 SWP WRX - NASIOC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast