Where did you put your boost gauge and phone dock? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where did you put your boost gauge and phone dock? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SD_GR 2. The dimensions are given in inches, and I find this disgusting....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    2. The dimensions are given in inches, and I find this disgusting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    One can mount a GPS device in CA on the windscreen if it is within a certain theoretical square on the bottom left or right. I don't know the dimensions of the square, but I believe the one on the right is larger than the one on the left. I don't know the dimensions for two reasons:

1. I don't use a GPS in my Subaru, I use my mobile.
    2. The dimensions are given in inches, and I find this disgusting.

Anyway, that's the situation in CA.
    lol

I don't get you... You're in CA but you use the metric system. I think I saw that you posted somewhere about being from NZ? Or maybe you're Canadian?
    Last edited by etnpnys; 05-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    I've got a Panavise InDash mount that is pretty slick looking:

Thank you for the link.I was looking for that.Just didn't know what it was called.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Clock pod:

I've since hardwired the V1, so that cord isn't dangling like before...
    Looks good, nice and clean and very "factory/stock" looking. Although I like the MainFrame setup as well, my style is pretty white-bread.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

On to that I got a cell phone holder from Pro Clip for my specific phone, but you could mount whatever on to the mount, GPS, AP holder, a universal clip:
    Whoa - that is almost exactly what I was thinking about making - but I wish it was on the left side of the radio... Really, really slick implementation though.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Whoa - that is almost exactly what I was thinking about making - but I wish it was on the left side of the radio... Really, really slick implementation though.
    There are some universal ones, PanaVise Products, Inc. You might be able to mount on the left and bend the way you like it?

There are some universal ones, PanaVise Products, Inc. You might be able to mount on the left and bend the way you like it?
    Awesome! I'll check those out! In the meantime, I still have yet to take a pic of how it's working for me right now... Soon - I promise. It's just a little difficult to take a picture of my cell phone with my cell phone...

I Support ClubWRX
    You might want to also check the Kuda Mounts They are a little more finished. I wish I knew of them before I got my mount

Ok so here I am with some pictures. I'm probably not going to get a boost gauge because I don't plan on modding the car heavily until at least my warranty is up. I might go stage 1 sooner or later, but whatever. So for less than $30 I bought a Bluetooth ELM dongle and the Torque Pro app. I then just used my same windshield mount and routed the charging cable up and over the steering column. I tried to keep it contoured to the curves of the dash, and it really doesn't get in my way at all. I barely notice the cable. ...So I think this is a 'win' for me right now.

Attachment 105000

Attachment 105001

Attachment 105002

Attachment 105003

P.S. It sure looks like I need to wash my car... And I guess my forehead is pretty greasy cuz it left a smudge on my steering column right now... Sheesh I'm so embarrassed... hahaha

What kind of windshield mount are you using? Mount plus a charger?
    I got this one, but I only paid like $11 for it. ...And I got it from Amazon, too... I then just used a Griffin low-profile USB 1A cig lighter adapter for the charger and used the cable that came with the phone.

can you tell us the part number?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast