[video] How to turn seat belt chime off.

This is a discussion on [video] How to turn seat belt chime off. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Made this so it would help some people out that aren't good with reading instructions and need someone to show ...

[video] How to turn seat belt chime off.

Made this so it would help some people out that aren't good with reading instructions and need someone to show them.
    HOW TO: Turn seat belt chime off Subaru WRX - YouTube
    2011 Base WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice. Thanks man. I had been meaning to do this. It drives me nuts listening to the chime go off when I am trying to clean the car and want to listen to the radio.

wow is this legit? i would love to disable this
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Works everytime. Works on all Subarus
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

awesome mod, just did it today.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    I really have to do this myself.That chime is annoying.

If you don't mind ,I'll add this to the mod thread.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I really have to do this myself.That chime is annoying.

If you don't mind ,I'll add this to the mod thread.
    I don't mind at all, I plan on making more subaru related videos as time goes on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Base WRX

I was considering doing this back when I first had gotten the car. But after not doing it, and realizing how many of my friends hop in my car and don't buckle up, whether its them forgetting, or them just not caring, doesn't matter to me, I don't allow people to ride in my car without a seatbelt, so this chime helps me because rather then looking over at them I can just listen for the chime. (May not be a problem for you more grown up people because you might not have people in your cars as much, but I'm still 17 and running around all day haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I was considering doing this back when I first had gotten the car. But after not doing it, and realizing how many of my friends hop in my car and don't buckle up, whether its them forgetting, or them just not caring, doesn't matter to me, I don't allow people to ride in my car without a seatbelt, so this chime helps me because rather then looking over at them I can just listen for the chime. (May not be a problem for you more grown up people because you might not have people in your cars as much, but I'm still 17 and running around all day haha)
    Haha, good for you!

For me, I guess I probably don't have as many people in my car as you younguns do, or the people I do have are used to using their seatbelt, but when I took my fiance's 19 year old brother for a spin the chiming provided a great way for me to get him to put his belt on without sounding like an authoritative "old guy".

Boring Old Soon-to-be Brother-in-Law: "Oh damn, these cars are notorious for their seatbelt chime, it's just gonna keep going until you put a belt on..."

Cool Young Kid: "That is annoying. I shall ignore my teenage inclination to disregard safety and utilize the belt appropriately."

Boring Old Soon-to-be Brother-in-Law: (Inside his head) Yesssss...no extra dork points for me!

Win.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

This is excellent, I make everyone wear a seatbelt when riding but sometimes when I throw something heavy on the passenger seat it it goes off and it's very annoying. Thanks for the post!

thanks for sharing i will do this on my rex.

ya - great trick! But, you don't even have to turn off the car. when in neutral just buckle, unbuckle...repeat, as in the video. Then next time you shut off your car your good to go.
    (when you do an ecu reset, you'll have to do this again)