2011 WRX sedan audio install, JL audio, eclipse, CDT, Audiocontrol - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX sedan audio install, JL audio, eclipse, CDT, Audiocontrol within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks I think I know which one you are talking about. I installed my amp under the drivers and the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks I think I know which one you are talking about. I installed my amp under the drivers and the bolt I used was between the vents under the seat. I am still getting a ground loop noise and will need to recheck the connections.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Thanks I think I know which one you are talking about. I installed my amp under the drivers and the bolt I used was between the vents under the seat. I am still getting a ground loop noise and will need to recheck the connections.
    I was getting a very small ground loop noise also and I checked the bolt and came lose so I really cranked it down and the ground loop has been gone sense.

Also how did you mount your amp? Mine goes amp, carpet, 1/4 wood, foam that I ripped off the underside of the carpet, body of car. Make sure your amp is not touching any metal if it is.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 04-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    2011 Base WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I took my seat off and moved the amp ground from the drivers floor mat retainer bolt to the bolt between the two vents I believe it was a 13mm. I had the inline filter already grounded to the bolt. I cleared off more paint and primer and tightened it down. It was getting dark out but I did test the should and it appeared to be fine. Once I figured out how to remover the seat warning and airbag connectors it was easy.

I plan to mount my sub amp on the passenger side. I am thinking about fiber glassing a similar enclosure in each corner for a 12" Kenwood sub that were for my Allante but never got them installed. They have been sitting in storage.

I Support ClubWRX
    i have the audio integrations box for the hatch, its awesome, love the design of it
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.