Lift for driver seat?

This is a discussion on Lift for driver seat? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, so I looked at over 20 pages of "interior mods"... I see a bunch of stuff, some pretty silly, ...

Lift for driver seat?

OK, so I looked at over 20 pages of "interior mods"... I see a bunch of stuff, some pretty silly, and I can do one better: my drivers seat is too low, I want to raise it at the front. Sitting in there with the seat in the highest position and adjusted forward to where I can reach the pedals comfy, I have my upper legs in the air, not resting on the seat. Starts to butt-hurt after a while... Anyone encountered this? any ready-made solution? I'm considering making adapter plates and just bringing the front up by about 1/2 to 1 inch... Any comments?
    This would be an invisible mod, somehow I like those...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get shorter 😝 I don't see why you couldn't make some spacers to raise the front of the seat. Seems simple, right?
    2010 WRB WRX

Resolved

OK, I took some Unit-strut, cut 2 short pieces and installed with large nuts and washers. This is the material and that is what the seat mounting looks like, times 2 for the 2 front mountings. Attachment 103955Attachment 103954I

I left the rear alone, worked just fine. Now I literally WEAR the car, like a glove or shoe. I can reach everything comfortably, no stretching or crunching. t fits me sooo nice...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You have most likely compromised the integrity of the seat in the event of a wreck. You're not supposed to put anything between the rail and the body of the car, let alone change the bolts. Honestly, it looks like that would rip right off given a decent impact.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You have most likely compromised the integrity of the seat in the event of a wreck. You're not supposed to put anything between the rail and the body of the car, let alone change the bolts. Honestly, it looks like that would rip right off given a decent impact.
    +1 that doesn't look strong at all. If you want to raise the seat, you need to have all new mounting rails instead of adding a component in between like that.

Good idea, but the execution needs to be done differently to keep it safe!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Well, we'll re-visit that...
    But now I know where I want to end up with this.

Dang... this is probably my only gripe from my test drive, and I want to raise the front also... Awesome that I'm not alone on this though!!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Dang... this is probably my only gripe from my test drive, and I want to raise the front also... Awesome that I'm not alone on this though!!
    I was wondering about that, am I the only one with long legs?! I'm glad to find there is at least one other person with this issue. I'm going to make a solid adapter, but that will take me some time. Fist I'm getting my downpipe finished, I need to get me some bolts for that. Due to all of the exhaust being SST, I'd like to make the bolts same.

If I were you I'd focus on the safety of the car before you do things like the DP... But I like living!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I ain't never not scareed....

BTW, the pic doesn't really show the complete thing, it looks like the seat mounting (sheet metal!) is sitting just on one edge, not true. Behing that is full material, just doesn't show. So I think it'll do for the time being.

Bringing this back to life, any new information on anyone selling a seat "lift" kit? Wife is too short to see over the dash and would like for me to raise the passenger seat an inch or even two.

Re: Lift for driver seat?

Pillow mod.
    That's how my mom drives her car.

Posted from a fone.