where to purchase JDM HU bezel?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on where to purchase JDM HU bezel? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In the next month or so i will be purchasing a Double Din HU to replace the stpck unit in ...

where to purchase JDM HU bezel?

In the next month or so i will be purchasing a Double Din HU to replace the stpck unit in my 2012 and have decided that i like the JDM bezel the best. Where is the best place to purchase it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All JDM parts are going to be far more expensive than their USDM counterparts.....just a heads up.

Japanparts.com That is about $78.50 plus shipping
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Well is their a us counterpart for it??

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you think about just painting or wrapping the existing one? I painted mine black.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Tw stock bezel will work with a dash kit?

I Support ClubWRX
    Huh?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I'm wanting to put in a pioneer 4300 double din. Don't you have to get a dash kit for it to fit? And I thought jdm made one cuz I remember seeing one and iwas real clean and no gaps or anything

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not familiar with the dimensions of that particular aftermarket head unit (nor should I be, since I'm not the one buying it), but I'm pretty sure the dash kits (sold separately) are customized to the stock vehicle bezel and provide adjustments for that bezel.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless the head unit you are getting it oddly shaped, it *should* fit in the stock shroud like a stock unit does....a 2-din/double-din opening is an industry standard size. The Impreza factory units are easily swapped with after-market units....this is not like a GM or Ford factory unit that requires a bunch of stuff to make an aftermarket unit fit and look decent. Generally, the only reason to change the bezel is either

A) you want to change the color to the JDM one
    B) you broke the stock one
    C) you want to add the one with gauge pods in the vents.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, man. This one was exhausting my patience today.

Greg

Build Thread

2008-up Impreza and 2009-up Forester OEM HUs are non-standard size. Unlike previous years, the opening is larger than standard double-DIN. So when you install an aftermarket HU, there will be 1/2" gaps on the left and right sides.

See this post. For 2012 Impreza (not WRX or STI) see additional notes and link in that post.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.