How to fit 3" deep speakers?

This is a discussion on How to fit 3" deep speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well my car will be here Friday and I was about to order a set of Midbass's to roach the ...

How to fit 3" deep speakers?

Well my car will be here Friday and I was about to order a set of Midbass's to roach the stock speakers,but then unread you can't fit that deep a speaker with out a adaptor, so I went to audio integrations website to look at the specs to see how I could make my own but there .75" adaptor says it can only fit a 2.75" deep speaker. What else has to be done to fit a 3"??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Laextreme5 View Post
    Well my car will be here Friday and I was about to order a set of Midbass's to roach the stock speakers,but then unread you can't fit that deep a speaker with out a adaptor, so I went to audio integrations website to look at the specs to see how I could make my own but there .75" adaptor says it can only fit a 2.75" deep speaker. What else has to be done to fit a 3"??
    IIRC, Subtle Solutions sells some sort of speaker spacers. You could maybe double them up or something.