Cloth vs Leather Seats

This is a discussion on Cloth vs Leather Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased the Premium hatch and now i am debating whether or not to get the limted trim. i ...

Talking Cloth vs Leather Seats

I just purchased the Premium hatch and now i am debating whether or not to get the limted trim. i sat in my friends WRX and he had cloth seats. the interior didn't really excite me much....so i figured maybe the leather seats may be a good option. especially when i unce unce in the car. it would be easier to clean and wipe down.

Does anyone know the quality of the leather seats? do you think it is worth it to upgrade to the limited to get the leather seats and HID headlights? i was looking at getting OKOLE seat covers for around $550.

thanks for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the quality of the leather is pretty terrible, i didn't go for it because the second i sat in them i was turned off.... the leather feels loose and it is incredibly obvious that it is fake leather, not a good BMW-esque fake leather either. the HID's are nice but the leather is definetly not worth the extra $$. I happen to really like the cloth, I think it looks great with the red stitching

I opted for the cloth. My main reason being with my last car I was always worried about people putting holes in my seats. I have a habit of putting things in my back pocket now too. I think the cloth should be easier to clean. I would like to think they are coated with something water repellant but if not its an easy thing you can do yourself.
    As far as the HID's, I did want them be was trying to keep the price as low as possible on my car. It wasn't worth me upgrading just for HID's when I can do it aftermarket.
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Couldn't remember the name of the stuff but found it [NeverWet]

^- that is amazing!!!!!!! going to gett itt. lol

Vez
    Things may have changed since I bought my '07, but I have leather and it's mid-grade leather. I sold, repaired, and dealt directly with leather for years and as with most leather, condition varies a bit from interior to interior, so you'd have to keep that in mind. The care of the leather once you have it also will make a night and day difference. I take exceptional care of mine, and always get compliments, but it's still not the same as Benz leather or the like. I love the look and fel of the leather. Given the choice, I would again choose leather.

Having said that, they are not made for the performance enthusiast. When I do any spirited driving, I slide a lot in my seat with the factory safety belt. Alcantara inserts for the main panels with leather trim would be ideal. However, and unfortunately, I do more casual driving than spirited driving, so I deal with the sliding when it happens.

Additionally, I never had nor wanted, heated seats prior to my Subie. Now, I love them and don't even use my heat in the winter.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Quote Originally Posted by vuskeedoo View Post
    ^- that is amazing!!!!!!! going to gett itt. lol
    I know. Crazy right?? Suppose to be release around spring/summer of this year. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Additionally, I never had nor wanted, heated seats prior to my Subie. Now, I love them and don't even use my heat in the winter.
    I've had heated seats on my last two cars and they were great. Female passengers loved it After riding in some of my friend's cars this winter I found that cloth seats don't take that long to warm up either. Its much better than sitting on that cold leather. If your car is garage kept then it really isn't that big of a deal and more just preference.

Leather sucks.

Being in California it stinks in the sun, its hot as ****, and when you sweat on leather.... urghhh.
    As for it being cold.... ehhh the Impreza is VERY well insulated. Just yesterday my buddy's kid told me:
    "Dan, your car is warm"

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Each to their own. I've had both, and happily went cloth on mine. It's pretty much always the right temperature - never scorching hot in the summer or too damn cold in the winter. Heated seats are great, but with the cloth its not needed at all and is one less electrical headache (they always seem to break). Better grip on corners and also put me down as a fan of the red stitching on them. Looks great.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

iv got an 07 with heated leather. i hate them and love them at the same time. i hate them because their flat out uncomfortable. i drive at least an hour everyday and my back feels ruined afterwords. the previous owner must not have taken care of them because rear seat was starting to show some foam around the edges but i got it fixed. like them because they are easily cleaned and i like the way they look. thinking on trying to trade for black and grey cloth not too sure though...