Alarm Wiring

This is a discussion on Alarm Wiring within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I was removing a faulty aftermarket security system from my 05 WRX and it pulled out fine but now ...

Alarm Wiring

Hey, I was removing a faulty aftermarket security system from my 05 WRX and it pulled out fine but now the car seems to be completely immobilized. It seems to be missing some wiring in the dash too. Could really use some help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Thats just nowhere near enough information. Most alarm systems tap into very important wiring in the cars harness. If you messed up any of those or didn't reconnect anything its going to cause serious issues. The chances of this being diagnosed over the internet is not good though. I would consult a professional in your area
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

The alarm was patched in to most of the cables in the wiring harness with the easily detachable connections except for the ones that where power and ignition. those were twisted in to the accessory and the ignition wires on the wires coming off the ignition cylinders. Those came off really easy. now the only issue i can tell was there was a short spark when I accidentally cut the power to the alarm while the battery was still connected. nothing popped or started to smoke and no fuses were blown. if some one is able to take a photo what the driver side fuse/ignition area looks like factor wise on a 05 wry that would be great.