For those with amps under your seats (2011)...

This is a discussion on For those with amps under your seats (2011)... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; …do you have any problems with passengers kicking them or knocking wires loose? I know when I'm in a back ...

For those with amps under your seats (2011)...

…do you have any problems with passengers kicking them or knocking wires loose? I know when I'm in a back seat I like to stretch out as much as I can which usually means putting my feet under the front seats and I'm concerned that if I have amp(s) under them they will get knocked around or get wires pulled loose.

Also, what about the heat vents/ducts under the seats blowing hot air over the amp(s), anyone have any trouble?

What is the height of your amp?

Thank you for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the alpine amp under the passenger seat no problems. I do not have many passenger in the back seat. Had the same setup in my 04 wrx with no problems at all for 7 years
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    What about the heat vents? I only ask because the local shop that I use cautioned about heat from those and possibly blocking them off if I do install my amp under the passenger seat.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8