2003 WRX Front Speakers

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX Front Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok...this is getting old as I've replaced my deck, the rear speakers and added an amp. Now all I have ...

2003 WRX Front Speakers

ok...this is getting old as I've replaced my deck, the rear speakers and added an amp.

Now all I have to do is replace the front speakers (including the tweeters).

Can anyone recommend some good speakers? Since I have Infinity Speakers in the rear, I'm hoping to keep the same brand in the front. (not crucial, but a nice to have).

Setup:
    Clarion CX609
    MRP-F300 - Alpine 4-Channel 300 Watt V-Power Series Amplifier

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It really depends on what your budget is..

That said, personally I would get the Hybrid Audio Unity U61-2 6.5" 2-way Component Speakers. If your budget allows, maybe go for the Clarus series.

Thanks MainFrame.

Price is really not an option. In regards to the speakers you recommended, would they fit my car? I keep hearing there's a depth issue...

Thanks again.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You will need spacers. I know someone with an 09 WRX that has the Imagine series with spacers and no fitment issues.. I'm not entirely sure about the 02-03 because I've never seen anyone attempt to mount those speakers in a bugeye. If you want to know for sure you could wait till I get mine, but that'll be a couple of months.

I have a set of 6.5" inagine series speakers that I pulled out of my Cherokee. I've done my research and they should fun in the bug eye with a 1/2" baffle. I definitely would recommend these speakers to anyone! I'm thinking about running these up front with a set of good midrange drivers in the rear. Thinking about installing them this weekend. If I do, I'll update and let you know.
    02 Bug eye