dashboard lights
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on dashboard lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So has anyone put there or think about putting these in their cars? https://www.speedtechlights.com/prod...1&catid=1&id=1 i was considering getting one, not ...

dashboard lights

So has anyone put there or think about putting these in their cars?

https://www.speedtechlights.com/prod...1&catid=1&id=1

i was considering getting one, not to use to speed around and have cars get out of my way, but everyytime i find myself doing 65-70 down the parkway in the right lane some jerk comes up behind me riding my bumper, then jerks the wheel around me to try and get me to stomp the gas. i just wish i could get behind him and flick on a light and scare the living piss out of him. my friend is a firefighter and claims that its legal if i keep it off and if it is behind the rear view mirror and isnt an 'obstructed view'. just wanted to know what everyone else thinks, would it be easy to install, is there a huge risk involved, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    IBTL!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

and that means? lol

I have a friend that put foglights in his car with a blinking option and a police officer saw it and wrote him a ticket for impersonating police.

I Support ClubWRX
    Please tell me you're kidding.

ps - As a rule of life, you really shouldn't let the idiotic behavior of others influence yours.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

its not like im dropping a couple hundred on them and im gunna pull someone over and get out of my car, id only flick em on for a sec to get them to cut the ****. but its probably not a good idea legally. maybe when i become an EMT ill get lights

I Support ClubWRX
    You can have any lights you want if you use it off-road. On the street though, in general it's illegal, although laws vary state to state.

I believe in Oregon, it's legal to have amber flashers or rotating beacons for construction trucks and those cars that drive ahead of large load tractor trailers.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

In NJ, strobes will get you pulled over if you are not an "official" meaning police, EMT, or Fire or the likes. You will get a ticket for impersonating an officer. Ask me how I know. If you are parked and not in the car, you're ok. But if you're driving with them, doneski.

Waste of money.

And I personally don't know why you seem to have so many problems driving with other people "jerking around you trying to stomp the gas." I've had 2 STIs and a 350z...I've had my STIs in North Jersey for plenty of time. And I never had any problems from anyone trying to race me, ever...and I average closer to 75-80 on highways. You gotta be driving like an asshat if you're really provoked that much.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You gotta be driving like an asshat if you're really provoked that much.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Go ahead.I just read the statute for impersonating an officer in NJ.Its only imprisonment up to 5 years & a permanent criminal record.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

when i become an EMT ill get blue. and construction works are aloud to have strobes and such i believe because i always see 350 or 3500 work pickups with strobes or grill lights. and i really dont drive like an "asshat" im on the road alot, and its usually a ricer from spring valley since im so close

zax
    To be honest, I wouldn't go through life trying to piss people off intentionally. If somebody tries to race you and pulls in front of you, just let it go. You'll be a happier person in the long run.

Facebook me here

thats what ive been doing, but when people ride my bumper risking my car and my safety i get pissed. usually give them a sprits of the windsheild cleaner real quick so they back off, but obviously if im able to i get in a different lane.

I keep getting the feeling that this is one long drawn out trolling...just really subtle, well only kinda subtle
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    thats what ive been doing, but when people ride my bumper risking my car and my safety i get pissed. usually give them a sprits of the windsheild cleaner real quick so they back off, but obviously if im able to i get in a different lane.
    I understand the frustration, trust me. But if you get behind them in the attempt to blind them, you're risking their safety (and possibly yours). In the best case scenario, you'll anger the already-belligerent driver and force them to do something rash. Just pull over and let the other driver go on his/her merry way. Your blood pressure will thank you .

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.