Radar detector - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Radar detector within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^^^ I would second this as well. I have owned my x50 for at least 5 years now and have ...

^^^ I would second this as well. I have owned my x50 for at least 5 years now and have had countless times when radar has been picked up with plenty of time to slow down if need be. I feel naked driving without it, but im not delusional and think that you can just mindlessly speed with it. To tell you the truth I rarely rarely speed these days anyways, but I like having it as an informational tool for when I drive. People wouldnt pay $300 for something if it didnt help at all. I think truex is just mad becuase the officer in him wishes they didnt exist

:O
    2011 WRX DGM Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just ordered my Valentine a few hours ago after much research. Very Excited!!! Between that or the 9500 IX, decided I wouldn't mind the 'annoyance' and didn't need the GPS, also wanted the arrows. Will update with a review after I test her out.

Arrows are ok. But if you know how to use a detector, You don't need one. I can tell you right away if the signal is coming from the front or back. Its easy to figure out once you know how. You just look for the key factors for radar signal bounce. If the signal gets stronger when you are behind a semi trailer or passed a big freeway sign. The chances are the source is behind you. Which if you were watching you mirrors correctly you would have seen the headlights pacing you for the last few miles anyways.

Its more then just slapping a noisy black box up in the window and speeding off into the sunset.
    2006 wrX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123