anyone have an links to easy to understand car audio info
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on anyone have an links to easy to understand car audio info within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i really would rather not remove my stock HU because i like the look of stock, and also if i ...

anyone have an links to easy to understand car audio info

i really would rather not remove my stock HU because i like the look of stock, and also if i decide to sell it i can take everything with me and not worry about the HU.

i was going to buy 2 amps (1 for the speakers and a mono for the sub) speakers and a sub. im wondering if i need any single processing device like the audison bit series to make sure the sound is good without getting a more power HU.

i have a 2008 STi with the stock NAV HU i think its a Kenwood unit, anyone know the output of that off hand.

thank you,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I use a JBL MS8 sound processor with the stock head unit.Works great & sounds terrific.

IMO if you are going to add an amp & subs you should get either an aftermarket HU or a signal processor.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i just wanted to make sure if i was going to spend the money on a signal processor it wouldnt be for not. that clears up a huge issue but id still like to understand more about car audio as a whole to make sure i choose the right amp speaker sub combo and dont ruin anything.

thank you for your reply

Car Stereo, Mobile Video, Navigation

More info here than you can shake a stick at..
    read and lean young padawan, learn to use the force you will.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.