seat belt buzzer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on seat belt buzzer? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DemonWRX two things.... First, if your dog is going to ride up front, I hope you disable ...

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    two things....

First, if your dog is going to ride up front, I hope you disable the airbags on that side and or should be using one of these to protect fido Amazon.com: Kurgo Tru-fit Dog Harness, Large (for Dogs 50 to 80 Pounds), Black: Pet Supplies

second... ever notice that the seatbelt warning comes on for the driver and passanger seats (where the driver can see and easily enforce putting on a belt), but there is no alarm for the rear seats where kids normally sit (and parents have to divert attention id their kid likes removing their belt)...whats up with that?
    The law, at least in Pennsylvania, says that passengers over 18 are not required to wear a seat belt in the back seat. I imagine this is why the back seats don't have the alarms. The driver and front seat passengers are required and anyone under 18 is required no matter where they sit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    right...so if that snotty 9 year old who is in the back and thinks he/she knows better than all other people alive unbuckles their belt, why doesn't the driver get a beep or a warning?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

the airbag is precisely why the Doberman rides in the back. clicking a seatbelt isn't that irritating for me to do, i would hate to get into a fender bender and have him get hurt from the air bag though.
    Josh
    Blue 08 WRX Limited-Cobb AP Stage 2-AEM CAI-Perrin Short throw/bushings-Turbosmart BPV

I have a 2012 WRX, looking to do the same thing.
    05 Turbo tC 330 Street/410 Track
    2012 WRX Sedan Cobb AP + SF Intake, Tint + Black Badges

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered a set of seatbelt buckles from ebay and that stop the chime. Though the main reason I have it is i prefer to wear my harness.

I'll try the key/buckle/unbuckle trick on the NASIOC forum. I live on a farm and don't put the thing on when I'm going 5mph on my private property.

I've once seen it on ebay, they sell clips that just plugs in to seatbelt inserts. Trying looking for them on ebay. Just tried now but forgot what it was listed as.

The key trick worked on my 2012 WRX

(car off, then on (engine off)) do and undo seatbelt 20 times.

Now I just need to turn of those stupid DRL

Quote Originally Posted by Road glide View Post
    Thanks lokey ! I my self don't like wearing one.
    Why would you not wear a seat belt? I'm sorry to insult you but that is completely retarded. If you happen to get into a car accident, you wold rather smash into the windshield than have a restraint that would keep you from doing so? I know a few people like this and it drives me crazy. It makes zero sense. Its pathetic you cant bare to have a strap around your upper body that you can't even notice its there.
    I'm going sky diving tomorrow. It's gonna be sweet! I'm not even gonna wear a parachute.
    '12 WRX Premium 5door (SWP)

I live on a 40 Acre farm. It's private property and I rarely go above 5mph. I don't care about that strap just the beeping.

+1 on just wearing the damn thing... I was able to walk away from this (girl ran red light and t-boned me on Christmas.. typical)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000227.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	103416
    2011 WRX Premium Sedan Spark Silver - SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 1, Cobb intake and box

I Support ClubWRX
    guddamn!
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

First responder on the scene was police and they said as they were approaching the wreck they were ready to call in a med chopper. I was standing on the side of the road with a cut on arm and a concussion. I did spend a day in the hospital but in the end I had numerous people tell me that I was lucky to be alive. My first car was a '99 Mustang, wore my belt maybe 50%. Got my MS3 last June, had the buzzer. I was too lazy to turn it off! Anytime one of my friends hops in my REX and the buzzer goes off he says "tell your damn robot car to shut up". I just look over and smile instead of being annoyed.
    2011 WRX Premium Sedan Spark Silver - SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 1, Cobb intake and box

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mand2240 View Post
    +1 on just wearing the damn thing... I was able to walk away from this (girl ran red light and t-boned me on Christmas.. typical)
    WOW. First off, I'm really glad you're ok. Cars can be replaced, people cannot.

Second, a lighthearted caption popped into my head after seeing this. Maybe it will lighten the mood?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39783050.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	103417
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast