edge INSIGHT CTSII

This is a discussion on edge INSIGHT CTSII within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i can across this monitor that displays gauges and 1/4 mile times, etc. i was wondering if this is a ...

edge INSIGHT CTSII

i can across this monitor that displays gauges and 1/4 mile times, etc. i was wondering if this is a good idea since i want a few gauges in my 2011 wrx sti and i dont completely like all the spots possible to put them, so a monitor that shows them would be a great idea in my opinion. also how is this thing mounted in my car? like a GPS to the windshield?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

came across**

I Support ClubWRX
    What gauges do you want or feel you need in your car? At the end of the day that's going to determine what you're going to have to do.

My understanding is that you would get a more accurate reading from a gauge or gauges that have sending units directly from what they're measuring. This Edge product would plug into the OBDII which may not be as accurate as you'd like. Have you looked at something like this 3-in-1 from Maddad
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

youre right, i need something thats not in my way and very convienient tho, im looking for boost and maybe one other

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO SMY Clustermaker is you're best bet. Keeps your original gauge cluster in view and allows you to add 2 gauges. Then it'd be up to you to decide what 2 gauges are most important to you.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    IMO SMY Clustermaker is you're best bet. Keeps your original gauge cluster in view and allows you to add 2 gauges. Then it'd be up to you to decide what 2 gauges are most important to you.
    +1
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    What gauges do you want or feel you need in your car? At the end of the day that's going to determine what you're going to have to do.

My understanding is that you would get a more accurate reading from a gauge or gauges that have sending units directly from what they're measuring. This Edge product would plug into the OBDII which may not be as accurate as you'd like. Have you looked at something like this 3-in-1 from Maddad
    I hate to dig this up, but can you elaborate as to why OBD II logs are less accurate than gauges measuring directly from a sending unit? Is there some sort of loss of precision that happens when measuring through the OBD II port or are you trying to say the running through OBD II has a noticeable real time delay?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well....I would say both. A gauge measuring something specific directly should produce a more accurate reading. It also will produce a reading in real time with quick sampling rates. It cuts out the middle man (in this case, the ECU) while it's measuring what it's supposed to. With OBD you're looking at measurements that are probably taken at a slower sample rate than what a specific gauge can report, thus the readings would be less accurate. We're talking about fractions of a second though so it may not be all that noticeable. Keep in mind though, that quality of the sending unit and quality of the electronics are the main factor. A cheap gauge more than likely won't do any better than OBD.
    My current average MPG