Triple Gauge Pod

This is a discussion on Triple Gauge Pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I looked through the gauge mounting options sticky and was not able to find if anyone saw options for a ...

Triple Gauge Pod

I looked through the gauge mounting options sticky and was not able to find if anyone saw options for a Triple pillar pod, that would mount on the A-pillar. Am I missing something here or has no one made them to fit an 08+ WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No one makes them to my knowledge. I know of people getting custom work done and having them made, but no one mass produces them.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

There was a guy on 3gwrx.com that was making them. I tried a quick search but didn't come up with anything. If you have some time, search there and you'll find it. Are you looking for the pillar pod in particular or just looking to mount three gauges?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

There aren't commercially available options because of liability in regards to the side airbag that is behind that pillar. There are some nice double gauge options that replace the cowl around your instrument panel though if you are just looking for places to mount gauges.

there's a guy over on IWSTI.com that makes them too...search over there, he's a vendor and makes them really good quality. I actually believe he takes a universal overlay and fiberglasses/bonds it to a stock pull-off A-Pillar and then repaints.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I am looking for one to mount two or three gauges,nothing fancy, I know there are bezel pods, I had and made one for my cobalt, however I do like the A-pillar pods a lot better. They look so much nicer and in my option our cluster for the 08 with the red lit background looks busy enough... don't get me wrong I like it..

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several neat options for the '08+ WRXs, aside from the SMY Bezel Cluster and DIY A-pillers. Have you seen this? Windshield Pod

I would consider the repercussions of putting a gauge cluster over the piller airbag. If it isn't disabled, and it activates, instead of protecting your head it will be shotgunning electronic bits at your face. If I was you, I'd look at some of the safer alternatives out there. Lots of options that work well and look great.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    There are several neat options for the '08+ WRXs, aside from the SMY Bezel Cluster and DIY A-pillers. Have you seen this? Windshield Pod

I would consider the repercussions of putting a gauge cluster over the piller airbag. If it isn't disabled, and it activates, instead of protecting your head it will be shotgunning electronic bits at your face. If I was you, I'd look at some of the safer alternatives out there. Lots of options that work well and look great.

I'm the guy who makes them on 3gwrx.com... The airbags do not affect the pillar much at all. It pops out about an inch to allow the side airbag to pop down along the window. Crash test pictures are in my post on 3g ... A-Pillar Pods IM BACK!!! - 08Subiewrx / Sheabutter

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't tell from the images.... are your A-pillar pods textured like the OEM pillar? I see they are the same color, but was wondering about texture.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I can't tell from the images.... are your A-pillar pods textured like the OEM pillar? I see they are the same color, but was wondering about texture.

The pillar is textured but not cross hatched like the stock pillar. It has more of like a truck bed-liner look.

I ordered one, and it won't affect the a pillar. I knew that prior to ordering it. I had a triple pillar pod in my cobalt and the airbag didn't affect the pod at all and I had sca just like the subarus do.
    2008 Subaru WRX Premium WRB
    2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC converted to Turbocharged
    25psi and spinning tires daily
    SOLD 390 WHP