Removing Interior Panel - HELP! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Removing Interior Panel - HELP! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks Dan. I don't know if I can last a season with a dime size bare metal of nothing on ...

Thanks Dan. I don't know if I can last a season with a dime size bare metal of nothing on the car lol. I'm looking into some touch ups and if the paint gets chipped off bad I may invest into a body shop painting and matching it. I just hope the shop will not charge me too much to do a touch up on a little spot like that. Lets see if I can even get the dent out saturday first... I hope that PDR guy brings his A game.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sitting in the shop right now. Here's the breakdown: they are going to massage that dent out from the tail light. I didn't approve any drilling at the moment so that's the only way they can go about it. Glue pulling was eliminated as a choice off the bat because paint would 100% pull off. I was told off the bat the chances of being perfect again is not too likely due to the location. I can definitely accept that because it's a very tough spot.

Apparently they can't push on the top crease because the paint will literally flake off so I'm not sure what to expect. I will def have a side by side before and after for the thread. At the moment the key things for me to look for is the dent itself, paint condition, and push marks from the tech applying pressure from behind the car. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Uhh... It's a litte better? The quarter size spot has paint that resemble an egg shell. Cracks from every direction. For now I have applied some nail polish to keep the paint intact and from rust. Theres a small chip too... I guess I saw this coming so I'm gonna start saving up for a proper repair and respray for the area sometime in the spring.

For the mean time I'm at a tint shop now getting 30% all around to make myself feel better lol. Pics to come, I can't upload on my iPhone.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	100994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	100992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	100993

Here's some after shots. As you can see theres chipping/cracking all along the area. It is about the size of a quarter, not too big but I def wish it wasn't there lol. The last photo is with a coat of clear nail polish. Like Dan, the PDR guys suggested that I coat it with that or clear coat and wait till I get it professionally touched up. I'm starting to save now so that I can paint it right in the spring. So for now... gotta live with it lol.

Here's a pic of the new 30% all around!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	100995
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.